Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Warrior Redleg
You know I have heard quite a few people say they like the look of the Fat Bob shocks better than the W.G. I personally prefer the look of the stock W.G. ones myself. I am assuming the only differance between the two is looks not function correct?
I changed mine to the Fat Bob shocks. The only difference is looks.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 PM
clanbear
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mod

I did my first mod and put on the Python Mamba Slip-ons. They are awesome sounding and I am very excited. I will try to do a youtube video and upload, a very low throaty sound is produced.

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn1717.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn1719.jpg  
Old 06-18-2010, 05:03 AM
rfwaters
Advanced

Originally Posted by combat_doc
you may wanna check the fit before you rewire your tail lights mine rattles bad had to put electrical tape around the bushimngs to shut it up. and it seems to be a problem as i had a few people with the same problem being mass produced they arent all the same size. just check it out bro

Thanks for the heads up but i just caught your reply today, it did rattle pretty bad and i used some electrical tape and it stopped, also softened up the shocks seemed to help.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:23 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

So I got the pipes, samson hellraisers, I am pretty much done with it. I put the head lamp ring on the headlight. The pipes sound amazingly low and throaty, I am very happy with it!

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-bike.jpg  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:26 AM
PGDredd
Banned

Looks great!! Makes it a different bike entirely, huh?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:30 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I changed mine to the Fat Bob shocks. The only difference is looks
What does that look like?

Has anyone put a 7" headlight on their wide glide? I've seen them on FB's but don't know how they would look on a WG. Thanks very much

Old 06-20-2010, 09:06 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Latest pics of my WG.

Name:  P1000624.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  154.4 KB
Name:  P1000628.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  163.5 KB
Name:  P1000631.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  179.8 KB
Name:  P1000626.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  142.2 KB

Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Muff Daddy
Advanced

Originally Posted by USMAMule
The last mods for the year. New LePera bare bones and passenger pillion, so I can go solo and two up. A couple pieces of CVO stock to hold the passenger pillion up off the fender. The next thing is to get the stubby sissy bar off, but it looks like I need a lift to be able to get the bike unsprung so to speak, in order to get enough movement in the fender for that.

Here are the pics. I'm digging it.

USMAMULE
I just read through the entire 79 pages. Thanks to you guys I now have a nice healthy to do list Just got my '10 wide glide last weekend, its pretty stock so I will spare you guys the pics. I do have a couple questions though...

1. I really like the above seat, is it more comfortable then the stocker? For the passenger as well?

2. I like the skull cover on the side, do you have a part number/name?

3. If I do a 1 inch rear drop will I run into any issues with having a passenger on the bike?

Wheres the best/cheapest place to get parts?

My list is as follows
1. rsd airbox
2. sampson hellraisers
3. flush tankcap *****
4. 1 in drop for the rear
5. The skull cover I asked about above
6. Possible seat swap?
7. engine tuner (which one?)
I already have drag bars coming along with a fork bag. I put forward control extentions on 15 minutes after I rode the bike off the lot haha.

Last edited by Muff Daddy; 06-23-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Muff Daddy
I just read through the entire 79 pages. Thanks to you guys I now have a nice healthy to do list Just got my '10 wide glide last weekend, its pretty stock so I will spare you guys the pics. I do have a couple questions though...

1. I really like the above seat, is it more comfortable then the stocker? For the passenger as well?

2. I like the skull cover on the side, do you have a part number/name?

3. If I do a 1 inch rear drop will I run into any issues with having a passenger on the bike?

Wheres the best/cheapest place to get parts?

My list is as follows
1. rsd airbox
2. sampson hellraisers
3. flush tankcap *****
4. 1 in drop for the rear
5. The skull cover I asked about above
6. Possible seat swap?
7. engine tuner (which one?)
I already have drag bars coming along with a fork bag. I put forward control extentions on 15 minutes after I rode the bike off the lot haha.
First, welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike!.....As you will learn, stock or not....Pics are required on this site! lol...no seriously they are! As for parts, use ebay, plus there are quite a few vendors who are sponsers on this site as well as members selling items....Good luck and looking forward to seeing you make the bike your own.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

I think you're asking about the skull derby cover: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....