Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 AM
transam7969
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
Yes! I did.
man now you've really got me thinking about doing it. Which blocks did you use?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Burndog
Cruiser

Removed the passenger seat and sissybar which also removed the squeak that I thought was the license plate holder.

Took off the California charcoal canister and used the parts to route the spill lines to a just past the Jiffy Stand.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-mods4_2010.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-gasbleed1.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-gasbleed.jpg  
Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 AM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by transam7969
man now you've really got me thinking about doing it. Which blocks did you use?
Post# 585 has the link to the ones he bought.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:59 AM
transam7969
Road Master

Originally Posted by B767
Post# 585 has the link to the ones he bought.
whoops

Old 04-18-2010, 03:29 PM
speedkills
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jeff W
Yes! I did.
do you have any rubbing or bottoming out with the lowered setup? i was looking at lowering mine awhile back with progressives and there was a note in the book about having to trim part of the fender for clearance... just curious if you did any modification to your fender, or anything else; or did you just bolt the blocks and go?

edit: just noticed you don't have passenger pegs on yours anymore... i'm wondering if it is the passenger pegs that could cause a problem when lowered. there isn't much space from the fender to where the pegs bolt on, think that is where the clearance problem could come in. or am i just incorrect on how the fender moves in relation to the lowering of the rear?

thanks!
brian

Last edited by speedkills; 04-18-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Burndog, was it a lot of trouble to get that sissy bar off the back of your wg? Hubby keeps talking about taking it off but it looks like it may be a large pain in the a$$. Also heard talk of guys being able to take passenger pegs off but after looking at it, seems fender too close to peg mount. How in the world are you able to get those off without removing rear fender?

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-100_0479.jpg  
Old 04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Burndog, was it a lot of trouble to get that sissy bar off the back of your wg? Hubby keeps talking about taking it off but it looks like it may be a large pain in the a$$. Also heard talk of guys being able to take passenger pegs off but after looking at it, seems fender too close to peg mount. How in the world are you able to get those off without removing rear fender?
it is a pain is the rump, i did mine with some really strong snips. Seems like they wire the bike after the bar goes on. For a company that sells a ton of upgrades to that area of the bike you would think they would have put more forthought into that process. The new side plates i bought had a notch cut out so they slipped over the tail light wires.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 PM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
It isn't too difficult to remove the sissy bar. No need to cut any wires. You will need to unplug each tail light from under the seat and remove with each light. Remove sissy bar. Reinstall lights, reroute wires and plug them in. Reinstall the spacers on front mounting bolt on each side and you're done...

Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM
LugoMS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by B767
It isn't too difficult to remove the sissy bar. No need to cut any wires. You will need to unplug each tail light from under the seat and remove with each light. Remove sissy bar. Reinstall lights, reroute wires and plug them in. Reinstall the spacers on front mounting bolt on each side and you're done...
Do you have any pics of the process?

Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 PM
rob glide
Stage II

did you remove rear pegs,if so how hard is it to do?

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....