Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:06 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont get frustrated. You got an Awesome bike there! You"ll get all the bugs worked out soon. Winters coming and it will give you plenty of time to figure it all out.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:35 PM
billjoat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmiller1014
I am totally frustrated with the 2010 Wide Glide at this point... seems to be the bastard of the family. Can't do anything that I want to do with it. Maybe it really is just a bunch of parts slapped together to make a new bike.

I want a bobtail fender.....

Sigh......
I agree.....don't get frustrated. I work in the auto parts business and the HD shop's part guy was having a time trying to figure out what EXACTLY would work on the bike. I felt his pain. BUT.............REMEMBER.....its a brand new bike, wether made of a bastard set of parts or not, so just give it some time and realize that everything availiable to other bikes probably aren't availiable to yours yet. It not only takes time, but also takes time for people like you and I to figure stuff out that, while it may show that it won't work, we'll prove otherwise and make something work no one else thought of. Keep your up high and be PROUD!!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:58 PM
NFFN
Banned

Id lower the rear, but Ive got to admit, I really like the wide glides this year

Old 08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

how about comparing mileage?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
NFFN
Banned

Originally Posted by billjoat
Just got back from a MUCH more exciting ride with my bride Deb. Added several things this weekend to facilitate a more enjoyable ride for the both of us. A quick release standard size windshield, a touring seat, a medium low backrest and pad, a detachable set of sideplates for the backrest along with a small rear rack (on back-order). WHAT a difference the windshield makes!!!! Cruising at 65-75 mph and being able to talk to Deb without yelling. The seat along with the backrest makes her much more comfy on the bike and if she ain't happy.....nobody's happy. Just the thought of her being more comfy allowed her to sport the low cut tank top with the sexy bra to push "the girls" up and out a bit while sitting comfy on the back. Still only rode 50 miles today but NOW much farther rides will definitely be in the near future!!

BTW, I have ALL the part numbers if anyones is interested.
Gota admit, that seat looks like an over sized diaper., . However I do understand that it is strictly a comfort item.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Someone throw some apes on those things and get back to us!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 PM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NFFN
Gota admit, that seat looks like an over sized diaper., . However I do understand that it is strictly a comfort item.
I kinda have to agree with you. It sits REEEEAAALLL nice, but for the actual feel of the bike, I prefer the orignal seat. Thats why I got the detachable backrest. To swap back to the original plus the windshield when its just me.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 PM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mplecha

So far...only about 300 miles. I'm currently doing so much other stuff. I ride to work and back..taking a longer route home most days . but I've only had ir for a couple of wekends and had torrential downpours on 1 of them. I'll get there.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:42 PM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mplecha
BTW You with an 06 fatboy. Was it new and how many miles does yours have?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:43 PM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Whiffleboy
Someone throw some apes on those things and get back to us!

I just don't see me as an ape person...sorry

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....