Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 PM
wide g
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks CHEE-Z. Your machine has a good look about it, well done. You hear all sorts of things about Ronnie Hacker and his pipes, all I can say is my experience has been fine and I'm pleased with the quality. I went with the Warheaders because I liked the simple lines (show off the motor) and they are a bit different to the other pipes you regularly see around, and whilst I wanted more sound I definitely didn't want obnoxious so I went with the Quiet Option. I also went with their AMS (Dobeck) tuner and the bike runs nice with their settings although I'm tinkering slightly with the settings with the help of Ronnie Hacker's friendly advice. The pipes arrived here in Australia very well packaged..............overall a very good experience.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:51 AM
pheur
Tourer

Oh sh*t!

I dropped the bike on gravel outside my garage. Scratches on the right foot peg, right side grip and of course some on the exhaust.

Looks like it was foot peg, handlebar grip and exhaust that touched the gravel and is the only visible damage.

I can not find anything loose at all, no leaks or anything just the scratches but you know how your mind starts shaking things up and my mind just can't get settled now.

I now hear a 'rattling' sound at some RPM's which I don't know if it was there before. It is at the moment where you put it in next gear and just before it has gotten the RPM's up a bit. Same thing on decelerate when engine braking. Sound like the normal lifter noise but with some added 'rattling', like somethings just loose and a little "shake" in the handlebars. I just don't know if this was there before or not, am I imagining things?

Please share what I should be looking for?

Old 09-20-2014, 12:33 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

That sux sorry to hear that man. But honestly I think you're probably imagining it I know that happens to me sometimes too. But to be sure just take a wrench to things and make sure everything's tight- easily coulda knocked loose a mirror or something. Could be ur exhaust and heat shields need tightening those should be periodically checked anyways since all the vibration these motors put out. U can replace the handlebar and foot peg easy if u care to, and atleast he exhaust has some character now lol? That's what I always tell myself when something like that happens but it still sucks!

Mine fell over in the driveway once because my kickstand was too long luckily I saw it and threw myself under the bike to sorta save it and catch the fall

Old 09-21-2014, 04:45 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,
Nice one wide g
Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 09-21-2014, 05:30 AM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wide g
Thanks CHEE-Z. Your machine has a good look about it, well done. You hear all sorts of things about Ronnie Hacker and his pipes, all I can say is my experience has been fine and I'm pleased with the quality. I went with the Warheaders because I liked the simple lines (show off the motor) and they are a bit different to the other pipes you regularly see around, and whilst I wanted more sound I definitely didn't want obnoxious so I went with the Quiet Option. I also went with their AMS (Dobeck) tuner and the bike runs nice with their settings although I'm tinkering slightly with the settings with the help of Ronnie Hacker's friendly advice. The pipes arrived here in Australia very well packaged..............overall a very good experience.
That's a sweet looking pipe...Can you give me an idea of what it cost landed in Oz???

Cheers...Sparra

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 AM
wide g
3rd Gear

Hi Sparra, the Hacker Warheader pipes (basic price US$714) in all chrome with the Quiet Option cost US$784 plus postage/package cost US$185. I also bought the AMS (Dobeck) tuner from Hackers for US$140 (discounted from US$260 when you buy the pipes). The only thing you have to be careful of when buying internationally is to keep the cost under AU$1000 for the goods or you will be paying import duty not only on the pipes in this case and the postage!!!

So, keep in mind the difference in exchange rates between US$ and AU$

Hope this helps.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:24 AM
EC1956
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2013 Wide Glide Midnight Pearl w/flames
SE-204 cams, Bassani Firesweeps, Figure Machine AC, EJK fuel controller, Wild 1 14" Chubby Outlawz, DK Custom 1" rear lowering kit, Michelin Comander II 90/90-21 front tire

Just had the SE-204 cams and new Michelin Commander II front installed a couple of days ago...definitely an improvement over stock!

Name:  WG-9-20_zps8a251f4f.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  97.4 KB
Name:  WG-9-20-three_zpscaa38d5c.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  83.7 KB
Name:  WG-9-20-two_zps0db0d302.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  89.2 KB
Name:  WG-9-20-one_zpsbb73c5bc.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  95.3 KB

Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 AM
LiveToRideMyWideGlide
Cruiser
Default Not a 2010 but here is my '13

Old 09-24-2014, 01:06 AM
LiveToRideMyWideGlide
Cruiser

Southeast Customs MX Bars, 8 inch Drag Specialties Risers, DK Customs Horn and Coil Relocation Kit, DK Customs 587 Air Cleaner System with breather bolts, Fork Gaiters, Vance and Hines LED Fuelpak.

Soon to upgrade exhaust to D&D Fatcat, Avon 90/90 tire, Custom Dynamics Integrated TF06 plate frame, and leatherpro FXDXT retro bags

Old 09-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mine

Just a quick pic of what I have done to my 2010 WG. Custom solo seat, sissy bar, new handlebars and shocks.
The seat is awesome!
The bars got put on yesterday and i am looking forward to picking it up from the shop tomorrow and riding it.
As you can probably tell, i am tall, 6'4" and this setup should give me plenty of room.
I will take some more detailed pics of the work this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-20140924_125951-mod.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-20140924_125951.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....