Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 07:29 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by philm8
Don't forget if you want to unload your risers I'm your guy!
That would be very doable. I'm pretty broke at this time so it's a matter of scraping up the $ for the bars and some new risers. I already have the cables and wires.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 PM
philm8
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtsouth
That would be very doable. I'm pretty broke at this time so it's a matter of scraping up the $ for the bars and some new risers. I already have the cables and wires.
Just give me the word when your ready.......

my email is phil@graphicimagination.net

Old 02-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Mattism78
Intermediate

Would any of you wide glide'ers happen to have a front brake rotor laying about? I need one for my wheels.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
xracer110
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

do the glide take off parts have much resale value? bars,sigs, seat and bar, exhaust, shocks,etc. mine are not for sale yet but im curios

Old 02-17-2014, 06:52 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by xracer110
do the glide take off parts have much resale value? bars,sigs, seat and bar, exhaust, shocks,etc. mine are not for sale yet but im curios
I've sold all the take offs I wanted to sell (all the handlebar stuff, seat, primary cover, pipes etc). The stuff I knew I would never use again. Just be sensible about the cost. Some people over price OEM take off stuff I think. I kept a few of the items as back up, just in case (shocks, derby cover, timing cover, a/c cover etc).

Old 02-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Oogadee Boogadee
6th Gear

this thread is amazing. I bought a 2013 Wide Glide last fall, and I'm itching to do something to it. I have a question about powder coating. Is it safe to powder coat exhaust heat shields? or is there something about high temperatures negatively affecting powder coated parts?

Thanks!
James

Old 02-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Eprez
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For heat shields you have to do ceramic coating, which a lot of your powder coating shops should be able to do too.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Oogadee Boogadee
6th Gear

Thanks Eprez. I'm new to the forums and for the past few days, I have been lurking this thread by an Ipad. For the first time ever, I just logged on with a laptop and realized there are all kinds of subforums, such as a powder coat and paint section - duh!

Anyway, after seeing this thread, there are all kinds of things I want to do to my WG. I'm trying to find ways to live with the stock headers/VH slip-ons that I have while I put money into other things like blacking out other components, slamming the bike, adding a big sissy bar, etc. While black wraps might be cheaper, I'm not sure how wrapped headers and slip-ons will look - especially the big clamp junction. I'll have to search for some pictures - hopefully somebody else has tried it!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Oogadee Boogadee
Thanks Eprez. I'm new to the forums and for the past few days, I have been lurking this thread by an Ipad. For the first time ever, I just logged on with a laptop and realized there are all kinds of subforums, such as a powder coat and paint section - duh!

Anyway, after seeing this thread, there are all kinds of things I want to do to my WG. I'm trying to find ways to live with the stock headers/VH slip-ons that I have while I put money into other things like blacking out other components, slamming the bike, adding a big sissy bar, etc. While black wraps might be cheaper, I'm not sure how wrapped headers and slip-ons will look - especially the big clamp junction. I'll have to search for some pictures - hopefully somebody else has tried it!
Welcome bro, there is a great source for ideas and tips around here. Enjoy the journey making your bike your own! Keep an eye on the Dyna Classified section as well. Plenty of good deals in there...

Old 02-26-2014, 08:28 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guys, I finally broke down and put a cover on my Heavy Breather. Do you think it's too much Chrome? I have two new pirelli night dragons to put on before it turns into the riding season. They are great tires even though I only got 5000 miles out of the back tire.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-img_1129.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-img_1123.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....