Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 AM
syono1981
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AZryder
Well.. not the greatest pix but hopefully you get the idea.

Thanks for the pic. Those pipes look great. Now i just need to decide black or chrome.

thanks

Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 AM
searsjeremy
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my new Wide Glide on Dec 30th. So far what I have done is stripped the reflectors off. Added the removable windshield and backrest and new back seat for the wife. Also had the engine bumped up to 103. The only thing that has me fired up right now is that I have had the bike for 3 weeks and got to ride it 4 times because it has been in the shop twice because the battery keeps dragging down. What I have seen is right before you get to where the bike won't start the head light starts dimming in and out.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscf3866.jpg  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
joe1984
Cruiser

Originally Posted by searsjeremy
I picked up my new Wide Glide on Dec 30th. So far what I have done is stripped the reflectors off. Added the removable windshield and backrest and new back seat for the wife. Also had the engine bumped up to 103. The only thing that has me fired up right now is that I have had the bike for 3 weeks and got to ride it 4 times because it has been in the shop twice because the battery keeps dragging down. What I have seen is right before you get to where the bike won't start the head light starts dimming in and out.

This may be a stupid question but do you have a bettery tender connected b/c the security system will kill the battery

Old 01-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by joe1984
This may be a stupid question but do you have a bettery tender connected b/c the security system will kill the battery

No tender on mine but i ride it alot... havent noticed my battery going low at all... stock air filter on a 103???

Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I am about to remove the front turn signals on my wide glide. Has anyone done this? I was told by my local dealer that this would cause alot of problem with problem codes and check engine light on the bike.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
wg-mike
Intermediate

Hello guys just wanting to say hi,as i am a new wideglide owner as of today.I just bought a 2010 in black and i added vance&hines chrome bigshots,stage 1 filter and ecm download,chrome primary cover,chrome cam and trans cover,differant grips and some other chrome.I also added the passenger pillian and pad for the sissy bar and a quick attach windshield.I wont have pics for awhile until i pick it up but i wanted to thank you guys for your help already,i got alot of ideas from here.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 AM
syono1981
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by searsjeremy

My friends night train did the same thing. It turned out that his starter was pulling too many amps and it would kill the battery very time he tried to start it up. the bike was at the dealer about 5 times before they finally fixed it.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 AM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lhgdale
I am about to remove the front turn signals on my wide glide. Has anyone done this? I was told by my local dealer that this would cause alot of problem with problem codes and check engine light on the bike.
Try disconnecting them at the harness and ride it a few days. If no problems, I would think you could remove them with no problems.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:17 PM
searsjeremy
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Hrdtoget1
No tender on mine but i ride it alot... havent noticed my battery going low at all... stock air filter on a 103???
I had the stage I air filter installed just kept the stock cover. I am going by the dealer today and will talk to them about a battery tender and the starter.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

Originally Posted by craftsmandave
Dont waste your money on the wide glide. The FXD is 3 grand cheaper for the same bike.
Exactly!... except it's not the same. Replicating a WG with an FXD will cost quite a bit and you still wouldn't have the rake.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....