Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks like a new rear tire is needed too! Look forward to seeing the new paint.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Looks like a new rear tire is needed too! Look forward to seeing the new paint.
Yeah it's time for a new set of shoes...but that's not really a mod to I figured I'd leave that out. ;-)

Will post up stuff as things get completed......

Thanks for commenting....

Mule

Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 AM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn! It was 53 degrees in the town I was in today. To bad it was over three hours away from where I live. I would have loved to take the bike out.
Anyway. The last time I tried to start it up it would start for a second then quit but the starter would click rapidly. Would that be a weak battery or a starter issue? then removed the battery and put it on a friends charger and it still didn't start. The charger might not have been working though. It was old and beat up. I hope somebody knows. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:38 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like a dead battery to me...

Old 01-20-2014, 07:05 AM
INADAZE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Sounds like a dead battery to me...
Agreed! I actually replaced mine right before winter, ironically! We had a string of really cold days here in October that apparently my battery had had enough... I was planning to order from Motorcycle Superstore, but found a better deal at the local Batteries Plus. Several people on HDF recommended Batteries Plus' branded battery for Harleys. It cranks strong and fast now!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 AM
gtsouth
Road Captain

Sweet. Thank you guys. I'm not giving up on my battery just yet. I had it on a proper charger for a while and I'm storing it indoors. I'm not going to put it in until spring. The battery couldn't have been totally dead though. I could still turn it on.
On the subject of mods the Santee bars I wanted to get are still not available unless I go with black and now I'm not sure if I want that style. It's frustrating that I have no idea which bars will be comfortable and look really nice on this bike. I'm thinking even 1" bars might look good. Any suggestions are welcome.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM
INADAZE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Sweet. Thank you guys. I'm not giving up on my battery just yet. I had it on a proper charger for a while and I'm storing it indoors. I'm not going to put it in until spring. The battery couldn't have been totally dead though. I could still turn it on.
I had the exact same situation... I had lights, but there simply wasn't enough amps to crank the bike! Honestly, it's $125 insurance policy. Do you really want the bike to start before you leave the house only to leave you stranded the first time you stop for gas?

The stock battery lasted almost three years, 15K miles, and was kept outside 9 months of the year under a cover. I had no problem paying $125 for a new battery, the peace of mind alone was enough.

Also, do you leave your bike on concrete? I've been told that because of the design of the Dyna's, if you have the kickstand on concrete, it could drain your battery. The recommendation is to put a block of wood or plastic under your kickstand.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gtsouth
On the subject of mods the Santee bars I wanted to get are still not available unless I go with black and now I'm not sure if I want that style. It's frustrating that I have no idea which bars will be comfortable and look really nice on this bike. I'm thinking even 1" bars might look good. Any suggestions are welcome.
I didn't want to wait forever and a lifetime either, so I went with chrome Demon Cycles El Diablo bars. Very happy with them!

Also, I use the Battery Tender Jr. with flawless efficiency. Never had battery issues. Mine is also stored in the garage on concrete FWIW...

Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain

I had always used a tender. It worked great but I misplaced it when I moved. I'm going to check out those bars rock103. What size are yours?

Old 01-20-2014, 02:18 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain

[quote=! rock103 !;12221478]I didn't want to wait forever and a lifetime either, so I went with chrome Demon Cycles El Diablo bars. Very happy with them!

I checked out those bars. How did I not come across those until now? They are almost the same. Could you please snap some good shots with different angles? I would like to see a front shot too. I was thinking about getting the 14" bars. I'm only 5' 9" so I'm not sure if that will be too tall for me or not. I will probably look for 1" risers unless I can find 3/4".

Edit. I found your photo album. I think those pics will work. I also see that your bars are 14". Thanks.

Last edited by gtsouth; 01-20-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....