Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Spectre 16
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bad

Originally Posted by USMAMule
Did you buy this bike new? Because it's a steel fender from thr factory. I have no idea why you'd have a plastic fender - other than someone (whoever you bought it from) pulled a fast one on you.

And yes if it is color matched plastic, and the scratch you describe is more of a cut into it, I think you're screwed. Again.

Sorry,

Mule
I checked the rear fender again, and you guys were all right, it is steel, (the lack of a metalick ping sound when I tapped it threw me off). I will try some rubbing compound and wax, if that doesn't work I'll try a very fine wet sand on it. Thanks for all the tips guys, thank God it's steel.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:21 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mirrmu
Hi,

Yeah neat USMAmule, always enjoyed that look on the street bobs as they come from factory without the covers

How does the turn signal sit on the strut alright? I skuffed my strut covers pulling reflector off hehehehehehehe

Thanks
Mirrmu
Thanks man, it took a little jiggering and you have to be careful not to strip out the bolt holes in the lights while you get 'em tight, but they are fine.The strut actually has a oval hole of the same shape as the strut covers so they sit in there perfect.

On the jiggering,

For some god unknown reason I couldn't get the original bolts to grab on the signals. Makes no sense because I took the original grab rail off a could years ago and got the bolts back in. I ended up having to use a .5" longer bolt, and modding up a couple rubber washers for the back side to take up the extra .25", since they don't sell bolts in .25 in increments of length. Good times, good times,.

Mule

Old 10-10-2013, 05:58 PM
jtp1984
6th Gear

well I don't have pics but ill I love my mods and looking to do a few new ones soon
currently 12 wg black with flames, tru-track, ricor shocks and intimidators (worth every penny best investment coupled with tru track) se stage 1 intake with kn, thunderheader black, tall round hd sissy bar, badlander seat, rear brake light (better to be seen) vh tuner.

to-do list. 6 spoke rims black on the way (bent the front rim this past Sunday), pin striping, send seat out for memory foam and trimming a little of the fat, 12 or 13 inch apes, front lowers painted black via epoxy appliance paint, tss tuner. all of this will be done before spring.

possible depending on cash situation would like to do the fuel moto 107 kit

Old 10-11-2013, 09:38 AM
all cumulus
Intermediate
Default TruTrack

So what is it with the TruTrack device? I've had my '07 WG since new and never felt a wobble. I ride agressively in the hills and mountains of Nor Cal, as well as plenty of 80+ mph freeway riding. I thought the death wobble was a bagger thing. Have intimidators as well, but stock rear shocks.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:20 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

I bought and was gonna put intimators in my sporty but ended up selling it and buying my WG instead now that thing had wobbles like you wouldn't believe at high speeds.. had some scary *oh **** * moments more than once - especially on a turn hitting a bump and getting the wobbles going like 75 - now my dyna.. smooth as butter maybe the raked out front helps with that or maybe the frames are just straighter out the factory.

curious how your appliance epoxy forks will come out ive been contemplating the same but was gonna look into how much it would cost to just pc them also. I for sure wanna black out my belt cover and turn signals and some other small stuff for now and will probably use that epoxy stuff there - not quite ready to take the leap on my bigger parts yet but ive been contemplating it since I picked up the bike lol.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:22 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

did u guys notice huge diff putting in the ricors? I was still thinkin about tryin them some day down the line and hear(read) good things.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:55 AM
pheur
Tourer

Is there anyone in this thread that installed Alloy Arts fender strut lights on their Wide Glide? I would like to see some pictures and also looking for a word on quality etc?

You could have a look at my other thread I started about the Alloy Arts, please sound off on them here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...mend-them.html

Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Overcast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Jireh 30-50 rims

For the WIDEGLIDE owners that have used the Jireh rim to go wider on the front wheel, will my stock lenght spokes lace right up? I want to go with the wider rim but keep everything else stock.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:05 PM
philm8
Advanced

Originally Posted by Overcast
For the WIDEGLIDE owners that have used the Jireh rim to go wider on the front wheel, will my stock lenght spokes lace right up? I want to go with the wider rim but keep everything else stock.
I bought my rim from K&G Cycles because I was sick of waiting for the Jireh out of stock rim. I paid much more $135.

The stock spokes didn't work. Got the new spokes at Bucanan, they fabricate them there.

I bought Night Dragons, not too many options for the 120-21 front wheel. I replaced the back to have the same tire.

I can't even tell you how much safer my ride feels, seriously. That wide front 21" wheel looks like a friggin beast too, I'm glad I did it. Now I just need a new front fender.I went the summer without one.

The new spokes will be 9 5/16. Bucanan let me know what I needed.

Last edited by philm8; 10-28-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, Jireh told me it would be mid-November before they got some more. However I am not in a big rush so I can afford to wait.
Thanks for the info about the spokes.....I was hoping I could just use the ones (stock) I had, but I suppose I'll start looking for some replacements. Are they all the same lenght? 9 5/16 inches?

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....