Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 01:10 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Good stuff. Is that belt readily available? It's the OEM crossbones belt correct?

Old 09-24-2013, 01:26 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Good stuff. Is that belt readily available? It's the OEM crossbones belt correct?
I think so, but count the teeth its one tooth more than our stock belt.

Also if working from a bare wheel a shop could adjust the offset of the hub to make it so the pulley would not need to be trimmed. I already had the wheel and tire assembled so I just trimmed the pulley.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:32 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

I planned on lacing the crossbone rim to stock hub. Local HD dealer won't do it. And a local indy said it couldn't be done, until I mentioned that I have seen it done. Then they talked about offsetting... I would think it would work with stock WG hub, belt, spacers and proper offsetting when relaced. I have decided to shelf the project until I am in the market for a new tire.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Wide Glide Gabes
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD-MC
Really like the v-rod mirros so you use them for run/ turn ? Was it hard to hook up ??
It wasn't bad. I did have to install a Badlands load equalizer because I jumped over to LED's.

I also installed one of these on each side, which was really simple wiring.

http://www.customdynamics.com/eclipze_module.htm

On at all times, then blinks when your turn signal is turned on. These are super bright and DOT approved.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Wide Glide Gabes
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLYER
Here is a pic of the 200
[/IMG]

That tire really fills the fender nicely. Must be really close to rubbing on the bolts inside the strut?

Old 09-24-2013, 03:08 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
I planned on lacing the crossbone rim to stock hub. Local HD dealer won't do it. And a local indy said it couldn't be done, until I mentioned that I have seen it done. Then they talked about offsetting... I would think it would work with stock WG hub, belt, spacers and proper offsetting when relaced. I have decided to shelf the project until I am in the market for a new tire.
Most twin cam rear Harley hubs are the same, just different bearings depending on the year. I would even think that your WG hub with the stock spokes would work just fine with the crossbones rim. So go burn some rubber...

Old 09-24-2013, 03:26 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

hey rock103 when you removed your sissy bar did you just put in some washers for spacers or something? been wanting to do that since I got the bike but haven't gotten around to it. probably wanna go with a taller one at some point so I can use my bar bags again.. plus they look bad ***. was gonna try and find a way I can mount a quick detach though to make life easier for taking it on and off when I feel like it.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:29 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

flyer that wheel looks nice.. i also been dreaming about runnin a fatty tire some day. so the biggest you can throw on the stock wheel is 190 I think right?

Old 09-24-2013, 03:52 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CHEE-Z
hey rock103 when you removed your sissy bar did you just put in some washers for spacers or something? been wanting to do that since I got the bike but haven't gotten around to it. probably wanna go with a taller one at some point so I can use my bar bags again.. plus they look bad ***. was gonna try and find a way I can mount a quick detach though to make life easier for taking it on and off when I feel like it.
Yeah, through a couple of spacers in. I'd like to install a detachable one if I ever put a 2up seat on. Don't know if that will ever happen though...

Old 09-24-2013, 11:50 PM
philm8
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Sorry for the late reply. I just caught your question. My damn bars are back ordered until Oct 31st. So I need to find something else or wait. So my old stuff is still on my bike.
Thanks, good luck. If you come to a point where it happens and you want to unload them please let me know.....

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....