Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I paid 180 for the powder coating on mine (Triples and lowers) and from what I gather mine was a bit on the high side.

Originally Posted by pavespawn
That is sharp Spectre! If you don't mind, could you tell us how much the PC cost? I want to do my front end like that when I pick it up.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member

I am not sure if you guys are speaking to me or the other guy that also just blacked his lowers and triples either way I dig em. Fairly easy mod that really stands out.

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
I do like how that PC front end ties it together. Even though I am going the other way...Nice job and kudos
Originally Posted by CADguy
I agree, the black trees and lowers gives some nice contrast and ties things together.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:48 AM
pavespawn
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WG2011
I paid 180 for the powder coating on mine (Triples and lowers) and from what I gather mine was a bit on the high side.
I assume you did the disassembly and reassembly yourself yes? Difficult to do? That is certainly cheaper than buying the blacked out parts from Harley.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member

I did not do the disassembly and reassembly that was done by my local indy at 58/hr and it took about 5 hours I believe for disassembly and reassembly I am not 100% sure cause I had him install a screaming eagle heavy duty clutch spring as well. The total hours was 7.5 but that was for everything I had done. As far as the blacked out parts from HD the lowers are the only thing you can get unless you wanted to change your rake to that of a fat bob. They dont sell black tress for the wide glide. But it was way cheaper than buying from HD, if I would have went with the fatbob trees and black lowers it would have been more for just the parts than I paid for the whole thing including the clutch spring. It was less than half the price of buying from HD.

I assume you did the disassembly and reassembly yourself yes? Difficult to do? That is certainly cheaper than buying the blacked out parts from Harley.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:35 AM
pavespawn
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WG2011
I did not do the disassembly and reassembly that was done by my local indy at 58/hr and it took about 5 hours I believe for disassembly and reassembly I am not 100% sure cause I had him install a screaming eagle heavy duty clutch spring as well. The total hours was 7.5 but that was for everything I had done. As far as the blacked out parts from HD the lowers are the only thing you can get unless you wanted to change your rake to that of a fat bob. They dont sell black tress for the wide glide. But it was way cheaper than buying from HD, if I would have went with the fatbob trees and black lowers it would have been more for just the parts than I paid for the whole thing including the clutch spring. It was less than half the price of buying from HD.
Wonder if that is something I could do myself. But I would imagine that would void my warranty? I like to do as much work as I can.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:12 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't see why not it would not void your warranty. Not sure how it could. I would have liked to do it myself as well but I dont have a lift....YET lol

Wonder if that is something I could do myself. But I would imagine that would void my warranty? I like to do as much work as I can.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Spectre 16
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectre's Dyna

I want to say that the powder coating of my tree and forks was only a few hundred dollars.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xracer110
gtsouth, thanks on the compliments, Im almost done though lol. I only have a few more things this winter. black screamin eagle heavy breather air cleaner,mini black bullet rear sigs, licence plate holder, burly mx style pegs, and Im powder coating horn, linkage, and misc bolts and nuts black. I have most of the stuff now, just not inspired to worrk on it yet. Also if any of you guys did a licence plate relocate, how did you hide plate light wire? Im thinkin I might drill tiny hole on backside of swingarm. It seems to be open up in the front area near fender and have it come out my tiny hole 1/8" around the shock area. If anyone has any closeup pics on what they did, I would love to see it.

I ran the wire underneath my swing arm and used 2 black zip ties. You can't even see it. WG2011 I'm in Montevideo to the west of you a couple of hours.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:56 PM
xracer110
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gtsouth
I ran the wire underneath my swing arm and used 2 black zip ties. You can't even see it. WG2011 I'm in Montevideo to the west of you a couple of hours.
did you cut and use the factory wire? thats what I was thinking of doing.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did some work to my bike last week, might as well throw it out there. installed my heavy breather (came with a stage one so ecu map was already there) but now I can actually ride the damn bike without my right leg at an angle to clear the dumb football cover, world of difference in comfort which is main reason I did it, although it looks sweet too. Anyways I also threw on some burly slammers which I was talkin about in another thread, really happy with how it turned out and I fabbed up a 2" lift bracket for the tank which improved the lines imo. Also have a coil relocation bracket from DK im gonna put on this week to open up behind the engine as well, and tucked the.. whatever it is behind the coil into an open space under the seat instead of right behind the engine so when I move the coil it will be totally open back there. Next up.. some bars! not sure if I wanna go drag or 12" apes though so ill sleep on it a while. oh I also made a bracket to move back my plate holder so I can actually use my saddle bags for out of town runs. first cpl pics are before the lift and shocks

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-photo-1.1.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-photo.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-photo-1.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-photo-2.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-photo-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....