Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I'm thinking about maybe switching to apes... Need ideas of what would look great on my bike and be more comfortable too.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Love the WG's!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
rc7424
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Turn Signals on an FXDWG

Doing some minor mods to an '11 Wide Glide. If you are looking to change out the chrome tail lights for black, here's what you need:

Black Gloss Bullet Tail Lights from Fatboy Low & Crossbones - HD P/N 68499-07
Black Stalks from Fatboy Low & Crossbones - HD P/N 69933-08

Crimp on new male terminals and plug them in to the AMP 070 connectors under the seat after you remove the old terminals...there are posts about how to do this. Make sure you swap the bulbs too.

If you want to swap the chrome front turn signals for satin black bullets, use HD P/N 68804-06. There are posts about how to take off the chrome bullets without having to rewire. Not so easy to do, but doable if you take your time. Personally, I'm mounting them on the forks.

Good luck.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
philm8
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Well, I'm thinking about maybe switching to apes... Need ideas of what would look great on my bike and be more comfortable too.
Oh man, your drag bars look to awesome on your bike. No disrespect to the guys who have apes but I hate the look and would never have them. I do see how it could help out back issues though.
When I did images of your bike I did things like change the bars to black, put orange lettering on the tires, changed the exhaust to black and put on a different breather. I love the style you have because it's sleek and has a muscle car feel. I was looking for ways to not copy you when I had my mind set on the black with flames but keep the same overall style.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 AM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by philm8
Oh man, your drag bars look to awesome on your bike. No disrespect to the guys who have apes but I hate the look and would never have them. I do see how it could help out back issues though.
When I did images of your bike I did things like change the bars to black, put orange lettering on the tires, changed the exhaust to black and put on a different breather. I love the style you have because it's sleek and has a muscle car feel. I was looking for ways to not copy you when I had my mind set on the black with flames but keep the same overall style.

Thanks man, I really like the look of the drags to but I do have some back issues. It isnt bad unless I ride a long distance so may be I will suck it up until I can aford to get a bagger too. Not getting rid of my WG if I can help it.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
pheur
Tourer

Have you tried changing back to the original seat? Getting you closer up to the bars.

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Thanks man, I really like the look of the drags to but I do have some back issues. It isnt bad unless I ride a long distance so may be I will suck it up until I can aford to get a bagger too. Not getting rid of my WG if I can help it.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rc7424
Doing some minor mods to an '11 Wide Glide. If you are looking to change out the chrome tail lights for black, here's what you need:

Black Gloss Bullet Tail Lights from Fatboy Low & Crossbones - HD P/N 68499-07
Black Stalks from Fatboy Low & Crossbones - HD P/N 69933-08

Crimp on new male terminals and plug them in to the AMP 070 connectors under the seat after you remove the old terminals...there are posts about how to do this. Make sure you swap the bulbs too.

If you want to swap the chrome front turn signals for satin black bullets, use HD P/N 68804-06. There are posts about how to take off the chrome bullets without having to rewire. Not so easy to do, but doable if you take your time. Personally, I'm mounting them on the forks.

Good luck.
Good info...I will be doing this next week probably.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey WG family, I've been looking through this thread and damn near all the bikes look great. I have a question for you all. I've got a softail slim and i'm looking to add the small round sissy bar that alot of you have. Do you guys know what the HD p/n is for it? I've been on there site and haven't been able to locate it. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GlennB.
Hey WG family, I've been looking through this thread and damn near all the bikes look great. I have a question for you all. I've got a softail slim and i'm looking to add the small round sissy bar that alot of you have. Do you guys know what the HD p/n is for it? I've been on there site and haven't been able to locate it. Thanks for the help.
Don't know the number but....

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=160917033197&index=7&nav=SEARCH&ni d=60807332070

Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had my 2013 WG for one week and so far have added a Saddleman Solo Renegade seat, 2" spacers/risers to get the handlebars higher and HD mini floorboards. The bike is very comfortable for me now and my next mod will be some slip ons so the WG sounds like it should.

Name:  WideGlideHD028.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  171.4 KB

Last edited by XKnight; 11-10-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....