Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 AM
billjoat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supergo
Here is the starting point, Screaming Eagle 103 Stage II kit, Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered, and PC-V.

Well I've modified the body all I want to. What's this set of engine work cost? And do you see/feel a noticeable improvement on performance?

Old 12-07-2009, 03:58 PM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

Originally Posted by exitinyourhead

I really dig the solo seat and Heavy Metal soundtrack CD, but I think the mirrors detract from an otherwise classic look.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by El Jinete Fantasma
I really dig the solo seat and Heavy Metal soundtrack CD, but I think the mirrors detract from an otherwise classic look.
second guessing the mirrors myself, they looked better in the catolog then on the bike, and they are seriously cheapish plastic. The crome looks right but they feel cheapy.

Ordered a bullet headlamp today... man i need to stop spending!

Old 12-08-2009, 04:03 PM
CQCBlades
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by exitinyourhead
second guessing the mirrors myself, they looked better in the catolog then on the bike, and they are seriously cheapish plastic. The crome looks right but they feel cheapy.

Ordered a bullet headlamp today... man i need to stop spending!
I have to agree, the mirrors take away from the over all look IMHO. Great bike and trust me I know about the never ending spending

Greg

Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

i saw this great joint in daytona with really cool mirrors and stuff but for the life of me can't remember the name of the place.

i wish i had written it down, they did a lot of stuff with fairings and radios but had a nice selection of custom mirros and what not also... i can't even remember the street I was on.

I can't remember a lot from there.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by big kid
Here's a pic of my 2010 WG.

Good looking bike... love the wheels, but I'm afraid of all that exposed aluminium to polish again and again. How is it holding up?

Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 AM
stevensda00
Novice

Hello all! I have been reading a lot of posts and I definitely appreciate all the knowledge and experience that you all have and share.

I am looking to buy a 2010 Wide Glide with some modifications done at the time of purchase and I wanted your guys input.

I am looking to do the 103 ci stage IV upgrade, automatic compression release, a heavy breather kit (not sure I can do that with the stage IV, but am hoping), as well as an exhaust.

After reading on this forum, I am thinking about going with the Thunderheader, but I like the look of the V&H 2 into 2 but don't want any performance decreases. How much should I be worried about scraping the exhaust in a corner as I know some have this problem with the stock exhaust?

Has anyone done or seen these modifications combined as I would really like to hear what they have to say.

Any advice, comments, or anything would really be appreciated!

Thanks again.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 AM
loosenoose
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the V&H 2 into 2 pipes. I have scraped them several times. Other than that I like them.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
stevensda00
Novice

I was afraid that they might get scraped...were you pushing pretty hard or just cruising? Some others on here have said that they haven't been scraping them.

Thanks for the input. I have been in contact with many dealers today looking for the best deal. Hopefully soon I can post some pics on here of the bike with the modifications.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser

I got the 2 into 2 V&H also... the only thing im scrapin is my right heel off my tennis shoes... thats pretty much my "stop leaning" point so no, i havent scraped pipe yet... i love the sound of the pipes, there pretty loud, deep rockin, wake up the neighbors sound... that thunder header in flat black is pretty sweet lookin too though...

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....