Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipes and Air filter came in today...

but gotta ****in work friday and saturday so cant get them put on till tuesday, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 AM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer
Default New to the forum and this post but.....

I got my 10' WG about a month and a half ago and have been loving it since. I currently have over 1300 miles on her and have done a few mods. I guess I've went a little different route than most ppl seem to be doing. So here it goes....Vivid Black, sm dia. Diamond Black pegs all around, black billet style shifter lever and brake lever, 12 in. HD fok bag mounted on the risers, SE Black Heavy Breather, Black Thunderheader 2-1 exhasut with black heat wrap, SE Red 10mm fat spark plug wires, and that's it so far. I want to eventually put some black 6.5 in or 7 in. risers on it and a taller, more pointed sissy bar. Also found a lowering kit that I want to lower the rear to "hug" the tire more. I will take pics soon but sorry I don't have any now. I just joined the forum today.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:54 AM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer

Oh and I replaced the stock headlamp with the HD 5 3/4 dia. Chrome billet style headlamp.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:41 AM
CQCBlades
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BamaBoyjc
Oh and I replaced the stock headlamp with the HD 5 3/4 dia. Chrome billet style headlamp.
Welcome to the forum, I'm thinking about the same light would love to see a photo when you have time to post it.

Greg

Old 11-21-2009, 03:15 PM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer

I appreciate the welcome man. Yeah I need to get some pics loaded. Plan on working it today during football. I forgot to mention I took off all the reflectors within the first 3 minutes I had it home. From reading some of the other posts, ppl seem to be scared to touch them. Get a #1 Flathead and wrap it with a wrag and then pry up. Maybe mine just came off really easy

Old 11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciate the welcome man. Yeah I need to get some pics loaded. Plan on working it today during football. I forgot to mention I took off all the reflectors within the first 3 minutes I had it home. From reading some of the other posts, ppl seem to be scared to touch them. Get a #1 Flathead and wrap it with a wrag and then pry up. Maybe mine just came off really easy
Funny you mentioned the rag and flat head....I used some presoaking w/ Goof Off and the claw end of a hammer wrapped in a rag to pry mine off. Then just the rag soaked in some more Goof Off to take the last of the residue off. It was fairly easy as well. The reflectors have got to come off our bikes. They make 'em look like bicycles for 8 year olds. LOL

Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer
Default Finally got some pics

Alright here's a few pics of what I've done so far. Hope they turn out good. I also put smoked lenses on the front and rear signals. Had to use the iridium coated red bulbs for the rear one.

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn0175.jpg

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn0176.jpg

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn0177.jpg

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn0180.jpg

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn0174.jpg

Old 11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer
Default Overall view

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn0181.jpg

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dscn0182.jpg

Old 11-21-2009, 05:52 PM
JDOT32
Novice

I started another thread before I found this one, so I thought I would share here. I also put smoked lenses and used red led in rear. I bought some Rush slip-ons and had the shields ceramic coated. I also had the horn cover powdercoated wrinkle black.

I am thinking about some leather bags. Anyone come across anything that can be used and not have to move lights? Any comments on "throw over" bags?

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-stuff-005.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-stuff-006.jpg  
Old 11-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser

I got my 10' WG about a month and a half ago and have been loving it since. I currently have over 1300 miles on her and have done a few mods. I guess I've went a little different route than most ppl seem to be doing. So here it goes....Vivid Black, sm dia. Diamond Black pegs all around, black billet style shifter lever and brake lever, 12 in. HD fok bag mounted on the risers, SE Black Heavy Breather, Black Thunderheader 2-1 exhasut with black heat wrap, SE Red 10mm fat spark plug wires, and that's it so far. I want to eventually put some black 6.5 in or 7 in. risers on it and a taller, more pointed sissy bar. Also found a lowering kit that I want to lower the rear to "hug" the tire more. I will take pics soon but sorry I don't have any now. I just joined the forum today.
Those pegs feel any different from the stock rubber ones??

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....