Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:59 AM
dminney
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had vance and hines black big shots swapped out before i even picked it up, have ordered a wrinkle black air cover from a guy on ebay--don't like the stock air cover design or the chrome.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:34 AM
HDRusty
Cruiser

I a picking up a TTS mastertune and some new intake. I still cant sort out if I want the V&H big shots (best looking IMO), or the thunderheaders. Cams this winter, or I might just wait and go right for the 124...

I was the first one in Rochester with the new WG. How lucky!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Harley '10 Dyna WG

Here are some pics of my '10 WG. V&H Large Radius 2-to2, Screamin' Eagle Ventilator, Willie G. Skull covers and foot controls.

I love this bike and the exhaust AC combo sounds great. a raspy rumble, that sets off random car alarms, and makes me smile my *** off.

USMA

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dsc00608.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dsc00611.jpg  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 AM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking bike! Are you going to lose the reflectors?

Old 11-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser
Default Kick *** bike...

took mine out today for its 1st ride, did over 100 miles all over the coast... lovin the bike!!!... Cant wait to get dem pipes on this week!!!

P.S... and oh yeah, whats that 6th gear for again???

Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

B767,

Actually I bought some goof off today.... I am hoping I can use dental floss to get the reflectors off the forks. I don't know what the effect of it would be on the paint of the rear bumper. I want those red reflectors off the bike but I don't want to be left with mucked up paint instead.

I am also planning on putting a med-low sissy bar on with a pad, so I can use a T-bag. I also plan on making the bar a removable deal since I won't need it on shorter trips and such, and I rwally like the bike clean and simple. Also a more butt friendly seat as well. That and flush gas and fuel gauge are my next steps in making the bike my own.

Will keep this thread up to date with my progress.

USMA

Old 11-16-2009, 12:43 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hrdtoget1
took mine out today for its 1st ride, did over 100 miles all over the coast... lovin the bike!!!... Cant wait to get dem pipes on this week!!!

P.S... and oh yeah, whats that 6th gear for again???
LOL.... I know what you mean, but on the highway - 6th gear lopes along very nice and relaxed.

USMA

Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 AM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USMAMule
B767,

Actually I bought some goof off today.... I am hoping I can use dental floss to get the reflectors off the forks. I don't know what the effect of it would be on the paint of the rear bumper. I want those red reflectors off the bike but I don't want to be left with mucked up paint instead.

I am also planning on putting a med-low sissy bar on with a pad, so I can use a T-bag. I also plan on making the bar a removable deal since I won't need it on shorter trips and such, and I rwally like the bike clean and simple. Also a more butt friendly seat as well. That and flush gas and fuel gauge are my next steps in making the bike my own.

Will keep this thread up to date with my progress.

USMA
I used a hair dryer to heat mine and they came off easily. Do a search o removing reflectors. I believe Goof Off is safe for the paint. Don't take my word for it I did not use it! You can use WD40 as well. Also do a search on those flush gauges. Some folks have had problems with the accuracy of the LEDs. Im not going to let that stop me from getting some..... Just thought you might want to know. Good luck and ride safe!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser

i have goof off and can verify it works fine on paint... used it many times on my racebike to get sticker **** off...I also need to get busy taken off my reflectors...

Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
USMAMule
Road Master

Well the reflectors are off...and man was that an uneven task. For some reason the one's on the left side came off with a minimum of trouble (once I realized that a little Good off poured on to aid the process helped a lot), and the ones on the right held on like there were epoxied there. LOL

Funny part is it wasn't until I was on the right rear that I even NOTICED the reflector mounted below the center of the rear fender. And that one was easiest of all to remove. Yeah I have a Jedi-like ability to "not see" things that displease me. LOL

Oh and BTW, Goof Off is safe for paint... leaves just an oily residue that is easily wiped off.

USMA

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....