Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtsouth

Question for people who have done a tank lift. How bad does it through off your gas gauge? Does it make it show empty faster or does it show plenty of fuel when you are really close to empty. I hope that isn't a stupid question. I'm not quite sure how that mod would look on my bike either. A good side by side comparison would be nice.
Well I got one that I home made and the gauge is off when the light comes on I still got a quarter still in the tank. I would throw you some numbers but it's been winter for a while and I cant remember haha !

Old 01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

I know the pictures are not the best but those are the ones i got might do the trick for you ?

Last edited by Reaper_ggy; 06-16-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Reaper

Old 01-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Thanks Reaper
Hey no problem. Glad I could help even with the trashy cellphone pictures.
For the gauge I saw someone or a kit that raises both the rear and the front of the tank. That being said I have no idea how it looks. To return to youre gauge question, I always feel ''unsafe'' by the fear of runing out of gas when the lights comes on and theres no gas station from miles but in the "group" I roll with there was a sportster so we were always stopping for gas, it's just a change in habits. But anyway I did this at the same times as tempering with ac, exhaust and tuner so my knowledge of the exact miles I could do was a bit foggy. I'm sure that there is no or very few gas unused because the "petcock" is completely at the bottom of the tank so it leaves the gas on the other side of the tank ... ( Idont know how it is splitted in it but suppose that theres a separation of some sort)

Old 01-20-2012, 09:37 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thought of you guys when I saw this wg at riverside hd yesterday:

http://www.skipfordyce.com/new_vehic...71&pov=2326998

If the link doesn't work, check it out on their website. It is a 2010 custom wg for like $23k but, it is an absolute work of art. It has only a trip to Sturgis on it. Talked with the builder yesterday out there, he works at the dealer and his name is Rich. You won't believe the detail. Flat out beautiful overall. The pic doesn't show it but the seat and pillion were changed out to tan distressed leather and it's custom tooled like a saddle, man does it make that paint pop. If anyone wanted a turn-key show bike that's a runner, this is the ****. It also has a true 103" on it. Rich has a very keen eye, pics don't even do it justice. As you can see, this impressed me.

Last edited by FBinSoCal; 01-20-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:25 AM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to say I've posted it here before but here's a couple pics of my brother's WG. I believe he's about to order a lowering block for the rear, a Bare Bones seat, vertical license plate and powdercoat a few more things.

Name:  DSC00200.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  136.4 KB

Name:  DSC00280.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  144.2 KB

Name:  DSC00269.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  147.2 KB

ETA: This is the look he's going for, just not as low.

Name:  dyna.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  dyna2.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  126.6 KB

Last edited by HERE; 01-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
Thought of you guys when I saw this wg at riverside hd yesterday:

http://www.skipfordyce.com/new_vehic...71&pov=2326998

If the link doesn't work, check it out on their website. It is a 2010 custom wg for like $23k but, it is an absolute work of art. It has only a trip to Sturgis on it. Talked with the builder yesterday out there, he works at the dealer and his name is Rich. You won't believe the detail. Flat out beautiful overall. The pic doesn't show it but the seat and pillion were changed out to tan distressed leather and it's custom tooled like a saddle, man does it make that paint pop. If anyone wanted a turn-key show bike that's a runner, this is the ****. It also has a true 103" on it. Rich has a very keen eye, pics don't even do it justice. As you can see, this impressed me.
Thanks for showing that. Gives Ideas.
Too much for me but the bike is awesome.
The handle are they clean or what !

Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by HERE
I want to say I've posted it here before but here's a couple pics of my brother's WG. I believe he's about to order a lowering block for the rear, a Bare Bones seat, vertical license plate and powdercoat a few more things.

ETA: This is the look he's going for, just not as low.

Nice ride ! How does he like is go pro ?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:05 PM
KungPowMinchow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well its official im finally done with the winter time mods to my wideglide!here are some pics for you guys
2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-final.jpg 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-final2.jpg 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-final3.jpg 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-final4.jpg 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-final5.jpg

Old 01-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh ****! That thing is BADASS!! Well done!

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....