Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin1775
That seat look sick. Is that the barebones?

Yes it is!

Old 09-01-2011, 05:10 PM
zwide10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts here? I want banana boards but there's no mounts that'll fit a dyna wg. I could have a friend make some, but was thinking the switch back mounts might fit, if ican get some of those...

Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 PM
BlueFlameWG
Cruiser

My concern would be that they would scrape when cornering.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nice

Originally Posted by gtsouth
What do you guys think with the back seat on?

Looks just like mine so I am prejudiced.

USMAMule

Old 09-02-2011, 07:57 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Me too and hiting the fender into the swing arm on bumps, but it looks nice! I may just drop the rear 1" with blocks and see how she rides I also like the look of my chain guards don't wanna take em off.

Originally Posted by BlueFlameWG
My concern would be that they would scrape when cornering.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Picked it up in late June as a dead stock boulevard cruiser and have been morphing it into a 'light tourer' ever since... noting it's primary use is two-up weekend rides with my wife. I ride my R1100S during the week....

Changes since new:
- Suspension: Progressive front springs & 440 HD rear shocks
- Exhaust: V&H Big Shot Staggered w/Quiet Baffles + Hard Kore Baffles. Still sounds like a Harley, but doesn't rattle the neighbor's windows or my brain. Note: Hard Kore take above average wrenching skills to use with Quiet Baffles.
- Controls: 6" pull-back chrome risers, 'Get-a-Grip' hand controls, 'Tribal' chrome Mirrors, and 'Chrome & Rubber' foot controls w/Heel Raiser. Note: Heel Raiser is a troublesome piece of kit.
- Rider Comfort: H-D Touring saddle & H-D Rallyrunner saddle, rigid side plates w/Med Low chrome sissy bar, back rest & sport luggage rack. Note: Still not happy with any of this stuff and looking for better options. Saddle comfort for pillion is good, but saddle looks too massive for bike. Rallyrunner has quality issues.
- Luggage: Great Gear signal/tag relocation kit, Easy Brackets & Leatherworks 128 saddlebags.
- Farkle: "Live to Ride" Derby cover, 5 3/5" chrome H-D headlight, bullet turn signal trim rings, front fender mud flap.

Still to go:
- Induction: TBD. Probably a retro breather w/K&N filter
- Tuning: Need's rear cyclinder cut-off programmed and some other tweaks to richen the mixture.
- Rider Comfort: Custom saddle, different sissy bar & rear rack, TBD.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-sdc10448.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-sdc10453.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-sdc10452.jpg  
Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
shafferk
Tourer

Nice ride man. I don't think that seat looks bad at all. It's a nice looking 2 up seat IMHO.

Originally Posted by TandemGeek
Picked it up in late June as a dead stock boulevard cruiser and have been morphing it into a 'light tourer' ever since... noting it's primary use is two-up weekend rides with my wife. I ride my R1100S during the week....

Changes since new:
- Suspension: Progressive front springs & 440 HD rear shocks
- Exhaust: V&H Big Shot Staggered w/Quiet Baffles + Hard Kore Baffles. Still sounds like a Harley, but doesn't rattle the neighbor's windows or my brain. Note: Hard Kore take above average wrenching skills to use with Quiet Baffles.
- Controls: 6" pull-back chrome risers, 'Get-a-Grip' hand controls, 'Tribal' chrome Mirrors, and 'Chrome & Rubber' foot controls w/Heel Raiser. Note: Heel Raiser is a troublesome piece of kit.
- Rider Comfort: H-D Touring saddle & H-D Rallyrunner saddle, rigid side plates w/Med Low chrome sissy bar, back rest & sport luggage rack. Note: Still not happy with any of this stuff and looking for better options. Saddle comfort for pillion is good, but saddle looks too massive for bike. Rallyrunner has quality issues.
- Luggage: Great Gear signal/tag relocation kit, Easy Brackets & Leatherworks 128 saddlebags.
- Farkle: "Live to Ride" Derby cover, 5 3/5" chrome H-D headlight, bullet turn signal trim rings, front fender mud flap.

Still to go:
- Induction: TBD. Probably a retro breather w/K&N filter
- Tuning: Need's rear cyclinder cut-off programmed and some other tweaks to richen the mixture.
- Rider Comfort: Custom saddle, different sissy bar & rear rack, TBD.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:06 PM
shafferk
Tourer

Not really a mod but I turned my bars up today. The bike came from the dealer with the bars angled down. It looked cool and barely cleared the tank when turning but was giving me bad shoulder pain. I got an extra 2 inches of rise at the grips simply by turning them up. It's like a whole new ride! Man what a difference 2 inches makes! This will tide me over until I get the new 12" MX Tbars. I may go with the 10" MX Tbars so I don't have to change cables/lines. We'll see...

Last edited by shafferk; 09-04-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:56 AM
WideGlideRide011
Advanced

hey guys i have been a member for a while but haven't posted a pic...im doing alot of powder coat and some engine work this winter....some tman cams and some head work and some rockers....but here what she looks like right now

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-2011-08-29_16-50-33_637.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 09:39 AM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shafferk
Nice ride man. I don't think that seat looks bad at all. It's a nice looking 2 up seat IMHO.
Thanks.

The saddle in those photos doesn't look too bad because it's the Rallyrunner... Nice contours, but could stand to be a little wider. Biggest problem with it is the quality: that bad boy looks like it was made on a Friday after the crew went out and had a couple of Boilermakers for lunch. Probably going back to H-D this week.

Photos below have the Touring Saddle... plush but massive. We'll keep this one for long trips where lazy-boy lounge chair comfort trumps everything else.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-sdc10440.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-sdc10441.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-sdc10442.jpg  

Last edited by FXD_TG; 09-05-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....