Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:30 AM
cjlandry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
I am more and more interested in the Kury swingwings, would really like to stretch my feet longer sometimes. Though I have read a few reviews of them that they feel plastic or not not up to par regarding build quality. Also I am afraid it will take away from the look with "miniboards" but yours look nice! I guess you cant have both a chopper type look and all comfort. I like the look of the Kury ISO series!

Is anyone having good alternatives for the ISO series from Kuryakin? Especially the swingwing foldouts? Or can you convince me of their superiority?
Mine aren't the swing wings. They're the "Iso-Wings". They're really high quality and provide plenty of support. They're a sort of "mini board" for sure.

Amazon link (mine were $100 locally, with the adapters): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...2MXJPD1M43NXBV

Old 06-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
Ok thanks! I know you put in a few miles on your bike too so I appreciate that. What I have read is that when folded out they feel a little "insecure" (lacking a better word) and that where they fold they start to sag a bit and gets "loose". Can you give a comment on this? (and of course everyone else who uses them, please give your input).
On another note. The Swingwings scrape and drag A LOT sooner than stock pegs. Something to keep in mind depending on your riding style. Many times i have to pick my foot up off the peg going through a sharp turn......

Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

I just wanted to put some more pics up, with the bike converted to "hop around town" solo mode. I also decided I wanted the tool bag mounted to the lower frame. Tucks in between the Multibar brackets just right.

I put the bags on because it's been raining off and on around here, and I have my rain-gear in there. Also need 'em for runnin' to the store and such.

Name:  6-23-11a.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  6-23-11b.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  99.0 KB

Name:  6-23-11c.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  6-23-11d.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  127.8 KB

Old 06-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Beer
Stage I

First Bike, First Post

HD Relocation kit installed

HD Bags overall

Windshield and Tach

Old 06-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Hey Beer and cjlandry Did you get a 2 for 1 ?

Old 06-25-2011, 02:59 PM
PGDredd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished my last round of mods to the WideGlide. I recently put on the Progressive 430 shocks, the black FatDrag bars, moved the turn signals to the forks, had a few subtle parts made for it, traded it in for a 103" 2011 StreetGlide, and a few other things.......

But yeah, sadly I just traded the WG for a SG. I loved the WG, but I am riding a lot more miles than I used to, and the WG was killing some old work injuries, lol. I brought the SG home lastnight and already have over 100 miles on it just from tooling around locally today before work. Sorry guys, I had to jump ship but f'n LOVE the new one! here's some pics:

The WideGlide after the new bars....I have some better pics I took just before trading it, but I'll have to post them later. I bought it April of 2010 with 4 miles on it, and traded it in this week with 9045 miles exactly! Not too bad for one summer of riding!
Name:  100_2181.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  100_2180.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  91.0 KB

And the new toy.....there are already more mods done to it than in this pic, and I took this yesterday afternoon just after leaving the dealer, lol....

Name:  17041.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  72.5 KB

Old 06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
that_guy
Tourer

Can anyone with an 18x5.5 rear tell me what specer i need for the fuggin pulley and rotor? My guy kinda lied to me telling me this was a straight bolt on.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 PM
10 DWG
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question for those with non stock passenger pillion. Do I need to take the stock square rubber bumpers off to put on the new HD smooth styling pillion on? It has round rubber bumpers attached to it. The parts counter and service counter at my local HD arent say leave them on but they seem to be partially hitting the square stock ones not allowing me to get the seat over the retaining bolt. I'd hate to take em off and screw my paint.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 DWG
Question for those with non stock passenger pillion. Do I need to take the stock square rubber bumpers off to put on the new HD smooth styling pillion on? It has round rubber bumpers attached to it. The parts counter and service counter at my local HD arent say leave them on but they seem to be partially hitting the square stock ones not allowing me to get the seat over the retaining bolt. I'd hate to take em off and screw my paint.

Well in my experience the stock pillion scratched up my paint pretty bad. I took off the square bumpers for the LePera seats. The bottom of my new pillion is soft material and the seats fit better with the squares removed. I keep a fender bib on when riding solo to hide the damage done by the factory seat. Even the factory front seat scuffed up the paint on both sides(top of battery box and electrical box)

Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 AM
pheur
Tourer

Agreed, just do whatever you can do to protect the paint from the seats but they will be scratched anyway. Also have deep scratches from under the pillion, and then of course the "rubbed" surface from passengers legs resting on the fender.

Passengers (and my own, also have it on the battery cover and electric box) legs causing small scratches is I guess nothing to do about. But I am not so glad about the deeper scratches that I have under the pillion and they were there the first time I removed it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....