Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
SV Wide Glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Removed the stickers on the down tube. Still trying to decide if I want to remove the tank badges or not.

Finally, after a couple of months of waiting I received my black burly slammer shocks and the drop in springs for the front. I hope I can get these installed in the next few days.

I still would like some advise from any one who has put a license plate bracket on the axle nut. How the heck do I get the factory bracket off and tips on where and how to run the wires to hook up the plate lights. Thanks!

I took off the stock plate holder myself, and installed it on the axle nut. I ran the wires underneath the belt gaurd and then behind the electrical box, then up the void underneath the seat.

I haven't taken the tabs off the frame yet, but I need to install Hawaii's gay safety stickers, so I might fab something up to put them there for now!

Hope this helps!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:47 AM
pheur
Tourer

Originally Posted by jesse_u
Really getting close to completing the Mods I want. The next few are all semi high-dollar, so will take a bit before they're going to happen. Well, other than the headlight. That's getting replaced next. Well, may add a tank lift.

I added some more pics for those that had questions about the T-Bars. They're awesome! I'm 5'11" and my arms now rest at shoulder height, pretty much straight out. VERY comfortable. The stock bars felt like my hands were on my belly. I felt a little cramped. These bars have NO pull back on the risers, and are only slightly angled back at the grips. Also, all the cables and wiring are stock. No changes necessary, and no issues at full turn.I'm VERY happy with my decision, I know it's hard to decide which bars to go with as you can't really "try before you buy." Hope this helps. I will try to get a pic of me on the bike so you can see the riding position.
Awesome, thanks! I was one asking about it. Thanks and please if possible get that side shot with you on the bike!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:55 AM
pheur
Tourer

Not a mod, but a question:

What is the hole in the upper parts of the downtubes used for? Where the downtubes meet.

I thought it was perfect to put my padlock when driving? Any downsides to this, do you guys who have ridden H-D's for years and decades scream a big "NO-NO" to me now? The padlock is fairly heavy, it doesn't really move much but going over a bump of course it swings and it can reach that front part of the motor.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-photo-1.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-photo-2.jpg  
Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 AM
bikebuilderdude
Advanced

Originally Posted by pheur
Not a mod, but a question:

What is the hole in the upper parts of the downtubes used for? Where the downtubes meet.

I thought it was perfect to put my padlock when driving? Any downsides to this, do you guys who have ridden H-D's for years and decades scream a big "NO-NO" to me now? The padlock is fairly heavy, it doesn't really move much but going over a bump of course it swings and it can reach that front part of the motor.
That's a mounting hole for installing crash bars.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ztn419
I'm not offended in the slightest. I am just trying to find a balance that works for me. As a "Rook" so to speak, I am looking for the opinions from guys who have been riding a while like yourself.
Dude, I wasn't trying to put you down or tell you not to do with your bike what you want to do to make it work for you. Not my place. I was just expressing my general misunderstanding of why people do what they do. I'm sure most here would question the sanity of my riding most days of the good weather 90 miles to work and back on a bare bones seat, with my laptop bag strapped to the passenger pillion of my WG. But it works for me so I do what I want.

Bottom line is motorcycles are one of the few places most normal guys get to do it how they like it, so far be it from me to tell any one how to be themselves. I was just asking, not telling. Cool?

As long as you keep the rubber side down and don't ride it like a RUB I got no problems with anyone.

USMAMule

Old 06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Expoacher
Advanced

Just installed new tires on the '10 WG and I can tell you it's like riding a new bike. If I had known and money was no object I'd have replaced the stock POS Dunlops when I first picked the bike up. Only got 7750 out of them and probably needed to be replaced long before this week, with the front one wearing and scalloping something terrible and the back one way too slick.
Got a Metzeler front skinny and a Pirelli ND back since they don't make them in 180s at the Metzeler factory yet. Again, the bike handles much better and I feel more secure on the twisties.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Those who've putted some apes on this model what height did you putted and what size wires-cable-hose did you put for those . Thanks :icon_ woot:

Old 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16" Apes, 3/4" Risers, cables are 10" over stock. Barnett is who did the cables.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Questions for those of you who have lowered your motorcycles.

I do not have a repair manual. Can someone let me know the torque specs of the front fork cap nuts and the rear shock nuts please? I changed them out today! Also what is a good trick for getting the bike on and off of the jack now that it is lowered? One more thing... If you put the burly drop in springs in the front, please IM me because I have some questions. I appreciate it very much. Thanks

I will post pics of my lowered bike once I get it done properly.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM
kite
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What tires are you guys replacing the stockers with? And, are you using the stock sizes or something other? Any feedback appreciated...

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....