Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:20 AM
pete62conv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Semper_Fi
Just added a few more things last week. Has anyone had trouble with the Fuel Pak?

Roland Sands breather
Fuel Pak
Seat
Not at all here. V&H Pro Pipe Chrome, Ness derby sucker and Fuel Pak. When I first start it in the am if I dont let it warm up for 30+ seconds it will hesitate for a millisecond the first time I crack the throttle. I let it do its thing and warm it up. I'm sure its better for the bike anyway. Other than that it has been totally uneventful. Perfect. Pete

Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
MJR28
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by itsme
Hey all, gonna install a set of V&H Big Radius on Saturday. From what I can tell, only things I need to pick up are some snap ring pliers & anti sieze. Couple questions for those of you who slapped a set on:

1. Do you recommend new exhaust gaskets, or reuse stock.
2. Do I have to disconnect the O2 sensors at the plugs? (My guess is I can't just use an open end wrench as turning the fitting turns the whole sensor & would twist the wire?)

Appreciate any advice you have!
I totally agree with the previous advice given. I would add that before trying to undo the O2 sensor closer to the rear of the bike, locate where that connects to the wiring under the seat. I started to undo it from the pipe end without disconnecting the other end and the other end came out and broke in doing so. That took a lot of mucking around to rectify. On the front one, you can easily undo it from the pipe and leave the other end connected. I would also get new seals. I did and was glad I did. I would have had to go back and get them had I not. Good Luck. It's pretty simple.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Subtrane
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
I like it a lot. Gives me a place to streach my legs out on long rides. Should I ever drop my bike is when I'll really be lovin it!
Sounds awesome, thanks. Do you have the part number for the black bars?

Last edited by Subtrane; 05-05-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Just a quick update: made it back from Thunder Beach, bike performed great 800 miles total. Only a few issues with bottoming out and it only scraped the kickstand a little. While at the beach I purchased a zippers performance air filter ( much wider than k&n and supposedly flows more air). I also purchased a Dakota digital dash gauge ( very nice) I will post pics ASAP.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:07 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Subtrane
Sounds awesome, thanks. Do you have the part number for the black bars?

No on the part number. They dont show a Black Multi-bar on their web-site so I called and they had no problem Powder coating it black for me and only charged me around $20 to $25 for it. Had it on my door step in 4 0r 5 days. Some people dont like it but it's such cheap insurance when ever your bike were to fallover. I had one on my superglide and was backing it off a trailer in the rain when my foot slipped on the wet floor and down went my bike...not even one scratch!

Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Subtrane
Advanced

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
No on the part number. They dont show a Black Multi-bar on their web-site so I called and they had no problem Powder coating it black for me and only charged me around $20 to $25 for it. Had it on my door step in 4 0r 5 days. Some people dont like it but it's such cheap insurance when ever your bike were to fallover. I had one on my superglide and was backing it off a trailer in the rain when my foot slipped on the wet floor and down went my bike...not even one scratch!
I like it and it looks sweet.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Expoacher
Advanced

I'd get a set of new exhaust gaskets before putting the new pipes on. Just a few dollars and the new pipes can form or mate to the new ones. Also, no trouble installing and programming the Fuelpak AFTER I figured out where it would fit under the seat. Extremely cramped under there and a quick call to the help center got me headed in the right direction.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I put the Power Commander V in mine. It's pretty small but still cramped under the seat. I also have a load equalizer for my LED blinkers under there as well.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:50 PM
NC-WG2011
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TO mazorglide
What brand are your bars? i wanted to go with an 8 inch rise on mine and which cables did you have to change?

Last edited by NC-WG2011; 05-07-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:21 PM
mazorglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NC-WG2011
TO mazorglide
What brand are your bars? i wanted to go with an 8 inch rise on mine and which cables did you have to change?
I couldn't quite tell you, I picked them up on Ebay for $80, and I didn't have to change any of the cables, they were long enough, I was scared that the brake line was too short, but after I got it all together it was just long enough.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....