Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Subtrane
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SuperglideKen, How do you like the Linby Multi-Bar's. I was looking to get a set.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
nrs2420
Cruiser

Thanks for the pics of the floor boards. Now I just have to decide what I want to do.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 PM
itsme
Novice

Hey all, gonna install a set of V&H Big Radius on Saturday. From what I can tell, only things I need to pick up are some snap ring pliers & anti sieze. Couple questions for those of you who slapped a set on:

1. Do you recommend new exhaust gaskets, or reuse stock.
2. Do I have to disconnect the O2 sensors at the plugs? (My guess is I can't just use an open end wrench as turning the fitting turns the whole sensor & would twist the wire?)

Appreciate any advice you have!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 PM
USMC2010
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by itsme
Hey all, gonna install a set of V&H Big Radius on Saturday. From what I can tell, only things I need to pick up are some snap ring pliers & anti sieze. Couple questions for those of you who slapped a set on:

1. Do you recommend new exhaust gaskets, or reuse stock. Always replace, they aren't that expensive
2. Do I have to disconnect the O2 sensors at the plugs? Yes (My guess is I can't just use an open end wrench as turning the fitting turns the whole sensor & would twist the wire?) Yes it would twist the wire

Appreciate any advice you have!
Answers in red

Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Just installed my Dakota Digital gauge.... Pics will be posted soon.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 PM
itsme
Novice

Originally Posted by USMC2010
Answers in red

Thank you sir and thank you for your service!

Old 05-05-2011, 12:20 AM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Just installed my new blinkers, spark plug wires, Seat, Fender bib Air cleaner and Power Comander V. I will be posting pics in the next couple of days. New license plate bracket will be on soon and burly slammer kit when it finally arrives.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Number15
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Just installed my new blinkers, spark plug wires, Seat, Fender bib Air cleaner and Power Comander V. I will be posting pics in the next couple of days. New license plate bracket will be on soon and burly slammer kit when it finally arrives.
Make sure you post some good pics of that new blinker setup...I'm really curious to see how they look on the bike. They're on my list as well and want to see if they move up or down in my priority list!

By the way, did you need to install a load equalizer or anything to run them, or are they fine to install with the existing wiring? I was under the impression that you would not need to modify anything if you were just using them as blinkers--mods would only be needed if using them as combo blinker/running lights.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:16 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Subtrane
SuperglideKen, How do you like the Linby Multi-Bar's. I was looking to get a set.
I like it a lot. Gives me a place to streach my legs out on long rides. Should I ever drop my bike is when I'll really be lovin it!

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-bars2.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-sideshots.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:53 AM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I will be washing it up and snapping some pics tomorrow I hope. I was skeptical at first about the blinkers but really really love them. You don't even know they are there until you are using them. I also like the way they shine on the the chrome head light and the triple tree, you can easily see them working for your self when you are riding. Brighter than stock and no problem with them being drowned out by the head light. Just take some time wiring them up so it looks like they belong there. It can look sloppy and out of place if not cleverly wired.

BTW, black to black and purple w/ black stripe to yellow.
I did use a load equalizer that I ordered from custom dynamics along with the sigs. It was very very easy to install, (plug and play). The harness for this is underneath the seat. With out the load equalizer the first 3 blinks are normal than the following blinks are a lot more rapid. It's not bad but I like them blinking at a normal rate. Works perfect. Any other questions just ask.

Originally Posted by Number15
Make sure you post some good pics of that new blinker setup...I'm really curious to see how they look on the bike. They're on my list as well and want to see if they move up or down in my priority list!

By the way, did you need to install a load equalizer or anything to run them, or are they fine to install with the existing wiring? I was under the impression that you would not need to modify anything if you were just using them as blinkers--mods would only be needed if using them as combo blinker/running lights.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....