Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I only suggest doing this before you install it, because once there is carbon buildup in the pipe 99% of the chromers out there won't touch it. The carbon will contaminate their tanks. At least that's the reasoning I got from two chromers I contacted.
Originally Posted by jaysonL
I had mine thermal coated by JetHot . I got the sterling coating . It worked real well to protect the finish , but it still got hot , with no shields .
So how much do you think this will run? Hell the pipes were enough as it was. Did get them on sale for 450. That was the cheapest i could find them

Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Warrior Redleg
So how much do you think this will run? Hell the pipes were enough as it was. Did get them on sale for 450. That was the cheapest i could find them
Can't say for sure. I'd get some quotes. Maybe there is some place local that might save you shipping them out.

You could just install them and hopefully your pipes will last.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Gtsouth: You'll be happy with the bare bones! Seat looks great!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Can't say for sure. I'd get some quotes. Maybe there is some place local that might save you shipping them out.

You could just install them and hopefully your pipes will last.
Well since i am getting the short shots powered coated to put on my wifes S.B. i might see if they do Chrome work as well. If i spend that much for something i dont want it looking like **** a couple months down the road. And yeah, looking up heat shields right now. Looks like that heat can get pretty bad on those puppies. ANy thoughts on those rusting?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

GTSouth ,

You will love the Bare Bones. Remember to post up some pics when you get the new seat on.

USMAMule

Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

When I get home from work next month I plan on doing a lot to the motorcycle. Everything is ordered. I can't wait. I will for sure post some pics.

Mods next month include-
remove front fender
black burly slammer kit
Le Pera Bare Bones
fender bib
LED wrap around fork turn sigs
and maybe a little more. We'll see

Old 04-12-2011, 02:56 AM
pheur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrdtoget1
, yeah, i got the same one, snap on, snap off... same with the rear pillon pad... quick change up for when my girls with me... when shes not, they both come off and i put on the fender bib
This is a stupid question but isn't the fender bib for protecting the paint when the pillon is on and someone sits on it? When the pillon is off, don't you want to show off the rear fender and its paint?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:44 AM
pheur
Tourer

Originally Posted by Figgymo
Yes to both questions. But now I don't like that I lean more forward, so I am looking for longer risers. 8" or 10", but the problem is that these bars don't tapper down so they are 1.25" diameter where they fasten to the risers. I have found a shitload of risers for 1", so I may end up going with some West Coast T-Bars & powder coat them to solve my problem.
Old post question again, but did you go for the T-bars? 8" or 10"? Do you have any pictures?

I have the same thought but have yet to find some pictures of a WG with either on. I also have plans on a quarter fairing with quick release and with that in mind the 10" rise would be ok but I don't want it to look too high without the fairing (which will be most rides). I am not sure the 8" will fit behind a Ness quarter fairing?

Any thoughts?

(I am a new owner and are going through this big thread, so please bare with me when I probably ask the same questions that has already got an answer in later posts, I am on page 100 right now)

Old 04-12-2011, 06:28 AM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
This is a stupid question but isn't the fender bib for protecting the paint when the pillon is on and someone sits on it? When the pillon is off, don't you want to show off the rear fender and its paint?

The first time I took my passenger pillion off I noticed that the fender looked like s**t underneath. So I plan on keeping the bib on with or without the pillion. It also looks better IMO than just putting bolts in the holes. Then again I have seen some nice low pro plugs in a couple of pics. Either way my paint is already ruined from the stock pad. Maybe it could buff out? hmmm

Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 PM
pheur
Tourer

Originally Posted by gtsouth
Hi,

How high is that riser you have used? About 4-5" I guess?

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....