Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:27 AM
markp66
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished a baffle mod on my wide glide. I had read a thread labeled Gary7's Ultimate Street Bob Muffler Mod and since money is not in the budget at the moment for new pipes, thought I would try it on mine. In that thread, rcodea mentioned doing a similar mod to his Fat Bob, which seems to be the same mufflers as a wide glide, so I followed his lead. Here is how I did it.

Pulled both mufflers and drilled out the factory rivets with a 3/16 drill bit. Pulled out the stock baffles and packing (used a piece of a broomstick to tap them out).The inside of the pipe looked awful considering I only have 600 miles on my bike so far.

The baffles I put in were Cycle Shack baffles #1547, 1 7/8 x 17 5/8 size. I got them from Dennis Kirk for $39.99, part #4403295.

You will also need some adapters from the muffler shop or auto parts store. The inside of the new baffles swelled to 1 7/8 ID and an inch or so deep. The pipe inside the muffler is 1 5/8" OD. Your adapter needs to fit over this to keep it from rattling. So my adapters were 1 7/8 OD (to fit the baffle) 1 inch long, then down to 1 5/8 ID (to fit over the muffler pipe) 1 1/8 long. I tacked these adapters to the baffles so they wouldn't fall off if I pulled the baffles back out someday. Have all of the 1 5/8 end sticking out from the baffle, you will need the length.

Then I rewrapped the baffles with the packing and held them in place with some stainless steel high temp ties I had. Probably not nessecary but I already had the ties.

Finishing up, I reinserted the new baffles in the mufflers. Put masking tape over the muffler where the rivet holes were to protect the chrome, and drilled out the holes in the baffles to rivet them back in. Used the same 3/16 drill I used to drill out the rivets earlier. Took the tape off, used 3/16 diameter, 1/4" long stainless steel rivets to reattach, and bolted the mufflers back on the bike. Need the paint the ends of the baffles one of these days when it isn't 12 degrees outside.

End result is a deep roar type of sound, not terribly loud but not embarrasing quiet either. I tried it without the packing and it is much louder if that is what you are looking for. I left my cats in and am happy with the sound so far. By looking at them, they appear very much stock. Can't wait until the weather warms up so I can hear it on the road.

I haven't ever posted pictures before but will try to add some links to my photobucket below. Enjoy.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...10205-0824.jpg
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...10205-0824.jpg
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...10205-0832.jpg
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...10205-0833.jpg
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...10205-0854.jpg

Old 02-05-2011, 12:33 PM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

got mine brand new on 1st feb.
allready done:
V+H big shots, SE air filter with rain sock, SE efi tuner.
removed sissy bar and rear seat.
hard wire in sat nav cables.

plan to de-chrome it over the next few months.
change headlight to a satin black 5 3/4 bullet one.
remove reflectors, front and rear.
rear rack and luggage for euro trips later this year.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-58a.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Brunei Glide
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Glide from Brunei

Hi guys, very new to this forum, this is my first post.

I just got my 2011 Wide Glide, ordered V&H Big Radius, SE Heavy Breather, Power Commander V from easternperformance.

Got them installed a few weeks ago, I also have the Danny Gray Speed Cradle solo seat installed, its a reduced reach seat so its better for me with the short inseam, more mods to come.

Just curious, when i got the PC V, it was still sealed in the box, i checked with easterperformance and they say it has already been mapped. Does anyone know if the PC V nowadays comes pre-mapped in the box so that you can install it as soon as you get it? I installed mine, feels and sounds ok, has anyone experienced this as well?

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-403.jpg  
Old 02-09-2011, 01:29 AM
mickey01
Tourer

Welcome aboard, Nice lookin bike! Cant help you with the PCV but I'm sure one of the other members will chime in with the right answer.. Ride safe

Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure on the PCV either as I went with the TTS, but i think they auto tune dont they?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:21 AM
scotts10rkc
Advanced

Originally Posted by jupiter2
Thanks a lot - here are the latest pics. Yea, it is in my house. (No wife!) The 16" apes are perfect for me, 5'-10".
I thought I would post a complete list of my mods since stock. (even the valve caps - everything that I changed)

• 16" Black HD Apes
• Diamond Black Cables and Brake Hose
• All Reflectors Removed
• Frame Stickers Removed
• Air Cleaner Decal Removed
• Smoked Lenses Front and Back
• Single HD Domed Billet Mirror (RH upside-down on left)
• Black License Plate Frame w/Chrome Bullets
• Black Dice Valve Caps (oh, yea!)
• Leather Spring Solo Seat w/Pillion
• Removable Sissy Bar w/Pad
• Rack
• Wrinkle Black Horn Cover
• Wrinkle Black Derby Cover
• HD Magnum 5 Black Aluminum Wheels
• Diamond Black Grips
• Diamond Black Pegs (large diameter, all 4)
• Diamond Black Shifter Peg
• Diamond Black Brake Pad
• Black Exhaust Heat Shield Kit

Future possibilities:
• Black gas caps of some sort
• Pipes - V & H Side Shots or other
• PC Black my belt guard
• Some kind of cool shift linkage
• Probably a lot more that I haven't thought of yet

Did you have to buy anything else when replacing the wheels. I have been considering this upgrade shortly since I will need a new front and back tire within the next few miles.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 PM
jupiter2
Cruiser

scotts10rkc - I have to answer, "nothing that I am aware of". I had the dealer install them before I picked it up, and they didn't charge me or list any additional parts.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 PM
chopdog
2nd Gear

Hey guys first post ,picked up a 2010 Wide Glide last November rode it home added Stabil and threw a cover on it didn't even get a picture of it.Anyways looking at pipes,lately at Samson Pomonas and Street sweepers and Freedom Performance Declarations,quality ? Lots of cool bikes on here,hope to pick up some ideas

Old 02-09-2011, 11:08 PM
chopdog
2nd Gear

Guess I gotta post 5 times so I can view pics ,heres a pic of my current ride from last summer ,the Wide Glide handles a tad better lol

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-dozer-bike-001.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
gtsouth
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow that's nice!

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....