Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Romad
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year model do you have and is it carb or Fuel injected? It makes a difference.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Romad
6th Gear

I just realized your screen name is 10 DWG, so I am assuming you have a 2010 DWG. You can not drill the pipes like you could on the old bikes. I have had a couple and I did it on the old bikes and it worked great but not with the new EPA regs and the Cat converters and O2 sensors and all the other crap they have on them. And you dont want the SE slip ons they are crap for power. You will have the change the pipes and when you do that you have to put a power commander or have Harley re-map the bike. I just put the Vance & Hines big radius 2 into 2 pipes on my bike with a SE heavy breather and power commander and the bike runs great. I wouldn't put any other pipes on the bike. I did a lot of research when I bought mine.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Col.Squirt
Cruiser

Newbie here, first post on the forums. My 2011 Wide Glide, nothing special just yet. SE Heavy Breather, V&H Short Shots. I LOVE these pipes. I personally like the sound better than the Big Shots or the Big Radius, love the snappy report they have. As for performance, she PULLS with no problem

Have plans in the works for some more add on's, as well as a custom paint job. Definitely a blast to drive as it is now.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-img_2329.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-img_2332.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-img_2336.jpg  
Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You didn't mention if the dealer had remapped the ecm. If not you should or install an aftermarket fuel managment system so you don't run the motor too lean. Great looking bike and welcome to the fourm. Here's a shot of my '10.
P1000636.jpg?t=1281156487

Old 08-07-2010, 01:49 AM
10 DWG
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Romad
I just realized your screen name is 10 DWG, so I am assuming you have a 2010 DWG. You can not drill the pipes like you could on the old bikes. I have had a couple and I did it on the old bikes and it worked great but not with the new EPA regs and the Cat converters and O2 sensors and all the other crap they have on them. And you dont want the SE slip ons they are crap for power. You will have the change the pipes and when you do that you have to put a power commander or have Harley re-map the bike. I just put the Vance & Hines big radius 2 into 2 pipes on my bike with a SE heavy breather and power commander and the bike runs great. I wouldn't put any other pipes on the bike. I did a lot of research when I bought mine.
is it the look you like for the v&h big radius or are you saying that the research led you to them for performance or something

Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 AM
10 DWG
Novice

Originally Posted by Col.Squirt
Newbie here, first post on the forums. My 2011 Wide Glide, nothing special just yet. SE Heavy Breather, V&H Short Shots. I LOVE these pipes. I personally like the sound better than the Big Shots or the Big Radius, love the snappy report they have. As for performance, she PULLS with no problem

Have plans in the works for some more add on's, as well as a custom paint job. Definitely a blast to drive as it is now.
so you have heard all three sets of exhausts? i asked about that in an earlier post and nobody answered up so glad you posted this. are the big shots deeper sounding than the short shots or less tinny? which set would you say has the lowest rumble?

Old 08-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Col.Squirt
Cruiser

Thanks for the welcome, look forward to finding some good info on this board.

Yes, re-map was done by the dealer. I must say East End Harley in Riverhead NY, REALLY took care of me. I don't plug dealers usually, but they did the right thing by me. Knocked money off the bike AND did my install, download and labor for less than the cost of the parts alone. Plus they were all just nice people, very helpful.

10 DWG: I personally find the Big Shots to have a deeper rumble. They are a good sounding set of pipes, but I just like the Short Shots better. I did a lot of research on the big 3 V&H pipes (Big Shots, Big Radius, and Short Shots) and I liked the sound of these the most, as well as the lines. They are definitely LOUD, but they aren't bad when you are just cruising along. They don't really sound tinny either. I got worried after I ordered these and stuck with them. I can honestly say, I am very pleased I did stick with them, LOVE their sound.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Col.Squirt
Cruiser

Pcbunn: How did you get the reflectors off? Like the clean look with the chain guard removed too. May hafta do that myself

Old 08-07-2010, 06:43 PM
10 DWG
Novice

Originally Posted by Col.Squirt
Pcbunn: How did you get the reflectors off? Like the clean look with the chain guard removed too. May hafta do that myself
thanks for the reply. also the reflectors come of easy with a hair blow dryer. hit em with the blow dryer for a bit and peel them off while keeping the heat on. same with the warning stickers. the sticky stuff comes off with an orange air freshener like you wouldn't believe. i used stuff called Citra. the orange oil takes it off like nothing i have ever tried. i have tried baby oil, alcohol, soap etc. and this stuff is amazing. quick blast on a cloth or whatever and comes off with ease.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Col.Squirt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 10 DWG
thanks for the reply. also the reflectors come of easy with a hair blow dryer. hit em with the blow dryer for a bit and peel them off while keeping the heat on. same with the warning stickers. the sticky stuff comes off with an orange air freshener like you wouldn't believe. i used stuff called Citra. the orange oil takes it off like nothing i have ever tried. i have tried baby oil, alcohol, soap etc. and this stuff is amazing. quick blast on a cloth or whatever and comes off with ease.
No problem, hope I helped a little bit. I think you just have to go with what you feel looks best, and what sound you want. Check out youtube, they have plenty of sound clips of exhaust on there.

Thanks for the tip too. I heard about the blow dryer trick, just wasn't sure if it was a regular blow dryer, or a heat gun. Will definitely be taking care of those next

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....