Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Figgymo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HillBillieWG
Got some risers from ebay for bars that are 1.25" at the clamp. They are a high polished aluminum and I am pretty happy with them. There is also a guy with a red hot sunglow wg on here that got them first. I actually stole the idea from him. I just added the satin black fat drag bars from harley as well. I think it looks much better with the flat drag bars on there and for myself...i love the riding position. I can actually put my feet up on my forward forward (have a set of highway pegs mounted in front of my forward controls) and lean back.

FYI...I have had problems with my bars getting crooked (always the throttle side being too far back) most likely due to the high risers that are bushing mounted. I have ordered a LA choppers one piece top clamp....hopefully that solves my problem.

Since there are riding pics...I am 6'1" but with pretty long arms.
HB,

That is exactly what I am looking for. Ebay huh, was this an EBay store or an individual selling them? Can you PM me or post a link? I have also had a similar problem with the bars getting slightly crooked (throttle side too), not sure if it is the risers or bars or what ever. I am looking for the exact same riding position that you are enjoying right now.

Also, why did you relocate your front turn signals?

Last edited by Figgymo; 08-02-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just thought I would post the bike in its "finished for 2010 mods state" About only thing different than last posted was swingwing pegs and the 1" blocks with rear footpegs removed......

Old 08-03-2010, 12:46 PM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HB, looks good and more comfortable! I still may go with mini apes though...

Last edited by WIDERGLIDER; 08-03-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Warrior Redleg
Just thought I would post the bike in its "finished for 2010 mods state" About only thing different than last posted was swingwing pegs and the 1" blocks with rear footpegs removed......

what are 1" blocks and why remove the rear pegs with a 2 up seat, just wondering

Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hrdtoget1
what are 1" blocks and why remove the rear pegs with a 2 up seat, just wondering

1" lowering blocks on the rear suspension. I removed the rear footpegs because there is not a lot of clearance and i am a bigger fellow, and the footpegs were the closest thing that the fender would have a chance of hitting. This allowed me not to have to stiffen my shocks all the way and have a little more travel room in the suspension....

And the seat is a C&C Fastback, which is hardly a 2-up seat. On this bike it never has been and never will be a 2-up seat..It is mainly for looks and back support for the driver.....

Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Burndog
Cruiser

1" lowering blocks on the rear suspension. I removed the rear footpegs because there is not a lot of clearance and i am a bigger fellow, and the footpegs were the closest thing that the fender would have a chance of hitting. This allowed me not to have to stiffen my shocks all the way and have a little more travel room in the suspension....

And the seat is a C&C Fastback, which is hardly a 2-up seat. On this bike it never has been and never will be a 2-up seat..It is mainly for looks and back support for the driver.....
My original pipes VnH 2 into 1 needed the passenger pegs raised but it did damage the fender on a speed bump so good idea to remove the pass pegs if you think you may hit.

Now, how tough is it to corner an inch lower? I already have too many dents in my pipes from hitting in the corners...

Old 08-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Originally Posted by Burndog
My original pipes VnH 2 into 1 needed the passenger pegs raised but it did damage the fender on a speed bump so good idea to remove the pass pegs if you think you may hit.

Now, how tough is it to corner an inch lower? I already have too many dents in my pipes from hitting in the corners...

You know, surprisingly not bad.....I lowered my wifes '10 Street Bob 1.75" in back and 1" up front, and you can tell the differance when cornering with it...Shes not a twistie rider so it wont bother her...

But on my Wide Glide....the SwingWing Pegs hit before anything else, so it keeps me off the pipes in that respect..I drag the pegs and my boot heels a lot, but havent drug anything else and it did improve the cornering a lot, it feels so much better going through a high speed turn, whether that is the lowered stance or the firmer shock setting i dont know, but it works for me!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Hrdtoget1
Cruiser

right on bro, your bike looks good!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-03-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM
10 DWG
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone drilled out the rivets and pulled the baffles out of there stock exhaust, if so how is it? also does anyone know if this causes problems of any sort?

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....