Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '10 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:22 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

great pics!! your new bike has a lot of potential have fun with it and keep the shiny side up!!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
billjoat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was told by my local HD shop that with new pipes I would need to get a new air cleaner and fuel management system due to the factory leaning out from the factory. However, a set of Rush mufflers with/without the baffles wouldn't need to change anything. Didn't exactly sound kosher to me but decided to just go with them for the time being until more stuff comes out for the bike particularly.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Stetshon
Novice

Nice bike. I have 2008 and it took about a week to get used to different ride. Now I ride every day and can't wait to get back on. Enjoy.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
BuffaloRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking bike. You might want to ditch the reflectors, they don't go with the rest of the bike...

Old 08-06-2009, 02:15 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

Looks great! I had my mods done at the dealer and they were able to squeeze me in the same day I bought it. You're right...You'll need an air cleaner and some sort of fuel management with the V&H pipes. As soon as I got home, the reflectors came off. They pull off and the sticky adheasive comes off with some Goof Off cleaner. Same is true of the warning sticker on the air cleaner.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:18 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome dude. First mod = ditch the reflectors.

That bike is growing on me. I have engine envy....

Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jason628
Greetings,

Looks great! I had my mods done at the dealer and they were able to squeeze me in the same day I bought it. You're right...You'll need an air cleaner and some sort of fuel management with the V&H pipes. As soon as I got home, the reflectors came off. They pull off and the sticky adheasive comes off with some Goof Off cleaner. Same is true of the warning sticker on the air cleaner.
This comes up from time to time, but I feel the need to repeat it..."Goof Off" has done damage to some forum members' bikes. Use "Goo Gone" instead which is made to remove gummy adhesives. I think rubbing alcohol also works, and some have said WD-40 does as well. Good luck- nice bike.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet bike. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jason628
Greetings,

Well give me a little heads up on what you've got with your V&H short staggered. Your air cleaner cover seems to be the same and what type of fuel computer system did YOU buy?

Thanks.

btw....yours is why I asked the dealer

Old 08-06-2009, 03:29 PM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
This comes up from time to time, but I feel the need to repeat it..."Goof Off" has done damage to some forum members' bikes. Use "Goo Gone" instead which is made to remove gummy adhesives. I think rubbing alcohol also works, and some have said WD-40 does as well. Good luck- nice bike.

I tried the alcohol for the warning sticker last night and remembered that here at the dodge dealership I work at, the guys in the car wash use fabric protector(Scotchguard) to get stickers off. It worked GREAT!

Last edited by billjoat; 08-06-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quick Reply: New '10 Wide Glide