Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blacked out dynas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:09 AM
DanOX699
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres alot of nice bikes on here, i recently purchased a 2012 wide glide as my first bike, plan on blacking it out as well

Last edited by DanOX699; 05-16-2012 at 03:16 AM. Reason: error
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

hey guys i have a 2011 super glide custom and i been on the harley davidson parts site and i am having trouble finding some of the black trim kits and black parts that i am looking for why did you guys get all your parts?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
adambamburg
Advanced

Originally Posted by NYCFXDC13
hey guys i have a 2011 super glide custom and i been on the harley davidson parts site and i am having trouble finding some of the black trim kits and black parts that i am looking for why did you guys get all your parts?
Good to find you a local powder coater and take your parts to them. I know most of mine were done by a local guy where I live. Of course small things like the battery band and such can be srayed with krylon high gloss or something similar and do it yourself

Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 AM
swbob
Advanced

Or for a quick cheep fix plasti dip em.Do a search on this forum and you will find a thread on Plasti dip.
Amazing product.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:14 AM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

Originally Posted by swbob
Or for a quick cheep fix plasti dip em.Do a search on this forum and you will find a thread on Plasti dip.
Amazing product.
sounds good, thanks... And it looks good with the pasti dip like you would have bought it or it's a little off?

Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Get a manual and take every part you have off your bike, that you want black or any other color for that matter, and then take them down to your local powdercoater. Or ship them off to Joe. You can also paint things like the battery band, horn cover, etc.

My whole bike cost less than $150 to do. Of course, I provided all the labor. The best time to do it is the winter, of course, because your bike will be on the jack for a few weeks while you are waiting on your parts to be finished.

You will spend way more money trying to buy every part from Harley that comes in black.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:27 PM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jmeiers
Get a manual and take every part you have off your bike, that you want black or any other color for that matter, and then take them down to your local powdercoater. Or ship them off to Joe. You can also paint things like the battery band, horn cover, etc.

My whole bike cost less than $150 to do. Of course, I provided all the labor. The best time to do it is the winter, of course, because your bike will be on the jack for a few weeks while you are waiting on your parts to be finished.

You will spend way more money trying to buy every part from Harley that comes in black.
thanks for the heads up yea i was in the catalog today and i will spend too much money like that i do have a guy that paint's that i know he is local too but i dont want to loose my bike for a week or even a week if i don't have too.... so ill start planning it now so im ready for the winter

Old 05-23-2012, 01:49 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers

... and while you have it stripped down to the frame up on the jackstand ... just go ahead and remove the stock motor and replace it with a Screamin Eagle 120R motor ... you'll thank me later ...

Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM
NYCFXDC13
Cruiser

guys i don't want to sound stupid or ask a stupid question but i have to lol now i don't want my parts to matte black all gloss, and i don't know much about painting so am i still getting these parts powdered coated? i just don't want to tell someone hey powder coat this and i get them back and it's wrong... and does it matter that my parts now are chrome, bike came with it and it's just too much chrome for me

Old 05-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Stag556
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only thing left to do are the trees. That will be coming this winter!

Quick Reply: blacked out dynas?