Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on braided fuel crossover line

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:03 AM
jaystone
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on braided fuel crossover line

Who uses the braided fuel crossover line? I put one on about a month ago when I switched tins. When I tightened them up I really thought it pushed the rubber o-ring out uneven and too far. Nothing leaked until Saturday.[:@] We were at the end of a poker run and someone came over and said my bike was leaking something. I assumed oil but I was wrong. What a mess!! I had to run to this little store that was the only one opened and get a vise-grip and another wrench to try and fix it. An oil leak you can ride with but with gas leaking all over the engine I wasn't going to chance that. The only way I got it to stop leaking was NOT to tighten them all the way unlike what it tells you to do in the directions. The rubber o-ring keeps it from loosening. I put 200 miles on since then and haven't had a problem. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it? I am thinking just going back to the factory rubber hose unless there is a good fix. Thanks..............

Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Question on braided fuel crossover line

I've got one.

The secret is just not to tighten it too much. I tightened mine too much and the rubber bushings/washers have actually split apart but luckily it's not leaking and hasn't in 2000 miles. Next time I have to take the tank off for some reason I'm going to replace the hose with a new one because I don't think I could get the current one to seal up again.

Old 05-29-2006, 06:37 PM
dyna2319
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question on braided fuel crossover line

I believe that you can buy the O-rings separately so that you can put a fresh one in when you need to take it apart. I put the braided hose on and have not had any problems with it leaking and that was over a month ago. I am always cleaning and shining mine up and have not noticed any leaks. I was very careful when I put it back together, a few dry runs to make sure it fit correctly. It seems similiar to putting the hose back on the toilet tank in the bathroom.

Dyna 2319
06 FXDWG/I