Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New windshield

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006 | 04:40 AM
tb2377
|
Tourer
Default New windshield

ok I have to say that i don't like the LOOKS of windshields on the street bob....that said i just got the detachable one from hd. I still don't think it looks cool BUT i love it. When i get to 70 mph i feel like a parachute with my arms up high but w/the windshield.. it takes that feeling away. less bugs in the face and i can hear everything. I bought it because i thought it would be good for a couple of the long trips down major high ways that i take each year. For example i'm going to lake george, ny for americade and i live about four hours away, and i'm about four hours away from wildwood nj which i've gone every year for the last three. last year i had had my bob in time for wildwoods roar to the shore, and the four hour ride at 85mph w/a skull cap and glasses on, getting hit in the face w/all the lovely NJ road grime was a little uncomfortable. the fist hour or so was fun, then it just got annying for the last three. Now with the lovely windshied, it will make the ride to bike week more comfortable and when i get there i can remove the windshield, and the sissy bar. I'm real impressed with it. Now if i can only get it off!!!!!!

p.s.
I don't have any pics w/it on yet, I'll get them up when i get the chance top take some.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/D24D825F76FE4936BF95A3FABE152999.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-29-2006 | 09:25 AM
JerrySC
Cruiser
Default RE: New windshield

Glad you like your windshield. I'm not a fan of their looks either. Like you though, it makes a long ride so much more comfortable. I bought the new Sport removable from HD. It does the job without overpowering the look. I have to confess, it stays on more than off. The ability to take it off quickly is a plus, especially for maintenance.

Old 05-31-2006 | 01:46 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

Having apehangers really looks cool, and (for me anyway) is really comfortable. But once on the highway, I really feel like a sail in the wind. I, too, don't really like the look of a windshield...especially on the wideglides...but I am really considering one. Please post some pics when you have them. Thanks man.

Todd

Old 05-31-2006 | 04:50 PM
rogue_rob
Tourer

I have the HD detachable windshield too. When I'm puttering around town, I dont have it one, but I sure as hell used it when I road tripped down to Tennessee last weekend. It made a HUGE difference.

Old 05-31-2006 | 05:40 PM
rap87
Tourer

I feel the same way, but I love the look without a windshield. Have you tried a Full Face Helmet to protect the face without a windshield? I was thinking about getting a cool looking Full Face like the Outlaw, and trying that?

Old 05-31-2006 | 06:13 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

rap87, I didn't know there was a such thing as a cool looking full face helmet, but I'd like to see that Outlaw, who makes it?

tb2377, you must have added the same WS I got, it does make long, highway rides easier. Although it does make me feel like I am on a completely different bike. Wierd. Still, I can't part with it when I just wan't to have a relaxing cruise.

Old 05-31-2006 | 06:30 PM
rap87
Tourer

http://www.helmetcity.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=simpson

Simpson...reminds me of like a Star Wars, Ninja Helmet or something. It'd be funny as hell if they made a functional storm trooper or darth vader full face helmet. ROFL...I'd laugh my *** off if I saw Darth Vader going by on a Wide Glide lol.

Old 05-31-2006 | 06:40 PM
blinkers
Novice

G'day Jerry
Have you got the hd part number for the sport windshield for your lowrider

cheers blinkers

Old 05-31-2006 | 08:46 PM
2wheeldreamer
Tourer

I'll have to admit that I am not, nor have ever been, a fan of the windshield on a motorcycle. With that said when I picked up an 03 WG it had a windshield on it and I have wondered why I never liked them before. I honestly don't think they look that good but they make one heck of a difference on the road for a long ride. I commute approximately 93 miles a day (round trip) for work and my trip home is after midnight so the lack of bugs hitting me directly in the face and neck are no longer an issue.

Old 05-31-2006 | 08:51 PM
RWP
Cruiser

People can say what they want about windshields, but I have only taken it of once or twice to ride into town. But I don’t think I will be taking it off any more, except to wash. Doesn’t look the coolest, but a no brainier.

Quick Reply: New windshield