Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frisco bars installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Frisco bars installation

Right now i have the stock risers on my mini ape's , i just recieved in the mail today those Biltwell Gen2 Frisco bars , i matched them up to my stock riser and it seems i would have to go higher for the stock cables to reach i'm thinking a 4 inch riser , a 6 inch would be to high ? Has anybody put them on a Dyna Street Bob or any other 2006 and up Dyna , anybody with some tech knowledge on what would be best to use please give me some suggestions

Thanks ! Rick

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 08-04-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 AM
fiend138
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bar choice, I heard about the problems with the I guess gen 1 Frisco bar. How tall are the gen 2, 8"? You should be happy with a 4" riser, I think the 6" would push your cable limits.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:51 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe I didn't understand your statement. Going higher makes the cables reach? I would think the higher they are, the further the cable would have to stretch/reach and them being lower than stock wouldn't be an issue. I'm ordering the new Frisco bars also. Now I'm just confused.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:57 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Lightbulb Gen2 Frisco Bars

Originally Posted by Loner Industries
Nice bar choice, I heard about the problems with the I guess gen 1 Frisco bar. How tall are the gen 2, 8"? You should be happy with a 4" riser, I think the 6" would push your cable limits.
Hello, Frisco's are 7" rise my stock 8.75" if i'm reading the diagrams correctly , Regards Rick

Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Default Frisco Gen2 Bars

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
Maybe I didn't understand your statement. Going higher makes the cables reach? I would think the higher they are, the further the cable would have to stretch/reach and them being lower than stock wouldn't be an issue. I'm ordering the new Frisco bars also. Now I'm just confused.
Because the frisco's handlebars are shorter ( lower ) than the apes , meaning the cables and brake lines are longer now , i don't want to bend the brake lines so i will put taller risers to make up the difference , keep watching this post , i'm confused too !

Old 08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Ratty
Cruiser

I'd put the Frisco's on the bike and see how they look first hand before you spend cash on something you might not actually need.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by Ratty
I'd put the Frisco's on the bike and see how they look first hand before you spend cash on something you might not actually need.
I can't put them on all the way because the cables are to long now i have to raise the bar up , i have seen them on other bikes on the internet and look great to me !

Rick

Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you that Don't know about Biltwell, they make some fantastic products and customer service is top notch. Here's the bars:

Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
For those of you that Don't know about Biltwell, they make some fantastic products and customer service is top notch. Here's the bars:
Nice to see they are making dimpled bars now. They used to be a bit snobbish about it before.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 PM
fiend138
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
Hello, Frisco's are 7" rise my stock 8.75" if i'm reading the diagrams correctly , Regards Rick
Yes you are reading the diagrams correctly, but some people identity a bar height by the total height not the center to center of tube. There for the mini ape rise 8.75" + tube 1" (1/2 inch on the top and bottom) is a 9.75 tall bar but most people around here refer to them ans 10's.

JRK used to run a 3.5" riser with his stock mini apes and wires and he said that he had to bend his throttle cables slightly. So if the stock risers are 1.5 note that is from the bottom of the riser to the center of the bar, you can go +2" with the stock bars. since your bitchen little friscos are 1.75 shorter you should get +3.75 over stock on the risers. So technically you should be able to run at least a 5.25" Riser. Another thing to consider would be the position of your bars and cable routing can give needed or take away some surpluses cable length.

Quick Reply: Frisco bars installation