Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009 | 01:44 PM
pelliott6
|
Tourer

that's the point I was trying to make. the dynojet map was adding up to 30% more fuel on top off my already modified map that was designed to make the 103 run to meet the minimum emission standards.

Old 08-03-2009 | 02:02 PM
Shizims
Tourer

Originally Posted by thedonthere
The map that came with mine from Fuel Moto was flooding the crap outta my bike too. pelliott6 is correct in that the PCV map is complmentary to the dealer flash.If you remove the PCV you will revert back to the dealer flash that you had to begin with.
Removed question... found the answer in reading a little closer.

Last edited by Shizims; 08-03-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2009 | 02:06 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Shizims
I believe my map from Fuel Moto on my PCV is too rich in fuel also. What did you do to correct this? Did you get it tuned? I've already requested a new map, but it's been a couple weeks.
Yep dyno. You can plug a lap top into your PCV and tweak it yourself. Idealy you would want to dyno tune it but if you can't do it now I would try and self tweak it. Fortunately, I don't have to pay for dyno time. A friend is an indy with a dyno.

Old 08-03-2009 | 02:25 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thedonthere
Yep dyno. You can plug a lap top into your PCV and tweak it yourself. Idealy you would want to dyno tune it but if you can't do it now I would try and self tweak it. Fortunately, I don't have to pay for dyno time. A friend is an indy with a dyno.

Lucky dog!

Maybe I should plug in mine to see about some tweaking. Is this an easy thing to figure out/do? I'm pulling 40-44 mpg mixed right now. So I don't think I'm running TOO rich. I get a tiny bit of blubbering on decel if I chop the throttle closed immediately.

I do plan to get it dyno tuned after break in and I figure out a full exhaust/cam/head work I want to do, but that is a bit down the road for me. I'd like to perfect it myself as much as possible...

Old 08-03-2009 | 02:28 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by pelliott6
that's the point I was trying to make. the dynojet map was adding up to 30% more fuel on top off my already modified map that was designed to make the 103 run to meet the minimum emission standards.
Yes I know, that's the same point I was making to reiterate your point.

Old 08-03-2009 | 04:13 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but minimum epa requirements is the whole reason our fuel injected bikes run so hot. I have the HD D/L and a pcV. My last fill up I got exactly my old mileage right on,mind you I was riding with the ole'ady and she is a scardy cat So the whole day was no faster than 60 mph,and no quick acceleration. Keith (FM) just got through telling me at cruising the maps are designed to run economically,but if your having fun and darting around and going 70 -80 -90 mph it will take more fuel,but who cares your having fun right? Even when I'm beating he crap outta my bike I'm only losing 4 or 5 mpG.

Sorry to hijack the thread,but if your going to spend 1000 to 2000 $$ for a 103 build why the heck not get a dyno and have it running spot on!?

Old 08-03-2009 | 04:32 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior

the hd reflashes are a waste of money in my opinion.. power commander does it all

Old 08-03-2009 | 06:11 PM
big block
Cruiser

Whats the deal with popping on decel.I think it's cool!
Big Block

Old 08-03-2009 | 07:23 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

The popping is only cool if it doesn't sound like a shotgun blast everytime you slow down. That's what mine sounded like and I actually had a guy duck for cover at the beach one time.
I played with the map at 0% throttle position and added fuel and it diminished the popping greatly. It rarely pops now and when it does it isn't loud as hell. I like it like it is now.

Old 08-03-2009 | 07:44 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Big baffles ??get used to some popping and learn to control it!

Quick Reply: Power Commander lesson learned