Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disappointed with jp cycle (a short story made long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:25 PM
billycouldride
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default disappointed with jp cycle (a short story made long)

i needed a rear shock adjustment tool for my 09 fxdc. the 'c' uses a different type of wrench that my dealership did not stock. they ordered it for me, and when it came in, i was quoted a price of over 125.00.

i was dumbfounded as this tool is basically two of the normal wrenches opposing each other, with a rivet (or bolt) through the axis to make sort of a pair of tongs out of them.

i went to jp cycle and ordered the tool for around 12.99, and also picked up a chrome change holder to mount on the handle bars. this is where the disappointment stems from.

the coin holder was very poorly made, and aside from that it would not slide onto the mounting bracket. it seems like they measured the tolerences of the mounthing tongue & coin holder, then had them both 'chromed'. i forced it on by tapping it down with a block of wood and mallet, but this sucker will now never come apart.

today i stopped at a harley shop, and saw they had the 'harley' coin holder in stock for about 5 bucks less than the 'jp' cycle branded one.

i bought the harley one, and its made to last, and works like its supposed to. i never expected any accessory to come cheaper direct from harley, and to also be better made than an aftermarket item from a reputable company.

if i ever order from jp again, it would only be a brand name item that i am familiar with.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:11 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Not really J&P fault there guy... you are the one who ordered the item.. they just gave you what you ordered... ya know? .. not that I don't know where you're coming from.... did it have any type of guarantee? Did you call J&P and give them the option of making it right?

HD really does make pretty good stuff... but it's usually way more expensive...

... and... well.... in the end... it's really just a coin holder.....

Old 08-01-2009, 03:18 PM
billycouldride
Cruiser

they gave me what i ordered???

the add didnt say 'coin holder that will not mount properly'.

i am lucky it was a cheaper item, and i dont think i am going to bother paying to send it back as its just not worth it. this will however change what i would order from them in the future.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:07 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 166 Likes on 102 Posts

quit your bitchin, dude. they pay return shipping. read the invoice.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mplecha
quit your bitchin, dude. they pay return shipping. read the invoice.
LOL I agree.... You get what you pay for and jp just sends what you order.

Naz

Old 08-01-2009, 07:57 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,838 Likes on 2,548 Posts

I've ordered from JP and what I didn't like I sent back for credit. No problems here.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:30 PM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
I've ordered from JP and what I didn't like I sent back for credit. No problems here.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

Never had any problems from JP and I have given them A LOT of my money.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:32 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by K9pusher
Never had any problems from JP and I have given them A LOT of my money.
Same here, if I don't like something I send it back. They've never said no.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:34 PM
BlackDenimBob
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by billycouldride
i needed a rear shock adjustment tool for my 09 fxdc. the 'c' uses a different type of wrench that my dealership did not stock. they ordered it for me, and when it came in, i was quoted a price of over 125.00.

i was dumbfounded as this tool is basically two of the normal wrenches opposing each other, with a rivet (or bolt) through the axis to make sort of a pair of tongs out of them.

i went to jp cycle and ordered the tool for around 12.99, and also picked up a chrome change holder to mount on the handle bars. this is where the disappointment stems from.

the coin holder was very poorly made, and aside from that it would not slide onto the mounting bracket. it seems like they measured the tolerences of the mounthing tongue & coin holder, then had them both 'chromed'. i forced it on by tapping it down with a block of wood and mallet, but this sucker will now never come apart.

today i stopped at a harley shop, and saw they had the 'harley' coin holder in stock for about 5 bucks less than the 'jp' cycle branded one.

i bought the harley one, and its made to last, and works like its supposed to. i never expected any accessory to come cheaper direct from harley, and to also be better made than an aftermarket item from a reputable company.

if i ever order from jp again, it would only be a brand name item that i am familiar with.

I have a 'coin holder'...its also called a pocket on my Levis.....glad you are happy with the HD coin holder...gotta hand it to those Chinese...they make great coin holders....Occasionally I go home with coins...I NEVER leave home with them...my son does though...

Quick Reply: disappointed with jp cycle (a short story made long)