Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 2010 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:56 AM
billjoat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by veniculum
There's no way I was going to read through 11 pages of replies...but I'll throw in my two cents...I've been a die hard wide glide fan since day 1. I own one, it's all I've ever rented, and it's pretty much the bike I'll die riding (if they still make one when that time comes)

I was at my local dealer last week and saw a new wide glide, but had no idea that HD re-released it (been a little out of touch lately...pre-occupied with some waverunners)

Anyway, I thought it was an older bike that someone customized and figured that HD put out a new battery cover with the "wide glide" emblem/name

I was impressed somewhat...on the other hand, I love the older wide glides....the traditional, chromed out, mini-apes, bobtail fender wide glides. And after seeing more and more pics, and then looking at mine...sorry folks. This one loses my vote. Not because I think it's ugly..or that there's anything wrong with it. I just don't think it should be wearing the wide glide name.

HD has this whole thing going these days...everything is blacked out..."stripped down", whatever they want to call it. What happened to good old fashioned chrome...a Wide Glide is supposed to be dripping with chrome...even before you bring it home. And the bars on this new one kill me. Why did they put Sportster bars on a Wide Glide?

I will admit...the rear section looks pretty friggin cool. I actually don't mind the rear fender at all. Don't really get the non-functional sissy bar style...but that's just me. Of course, I'm one to talk...I have a mini sissy bar...but I also have a mid-tall swap out bar if my wife actually goes for a ride with me.

In the end, I like the new Wide Glide. But once again...lets give it a different name, just out of respect for the true Wide Glides. I didn't mind when they discontinued it in 09. I never thought it would be back a year later. Tell you what...add a little chrome (cause the blacked out theme is getting a bit over-played), and throw some apes on there, and maybe I'll say it's worthy of the Wide Glide name.

Nice ride though. Enjoy it.

Todd

Good comments all, Todd. BUT , it is what it is. A 2010 Wide Glide. Things change, some good , some not so good, I'll agree. But I feel its worthy of the Wide Glide name now. Harley Davidson told me so.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:00 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by troopermike
Billjoat you did order the whole shebang for the wife! .
If I knew then what I know now. Before I got it,"you want to ride with me babe? No honey not at all" was what I heard 4-5 times. I thought I was buying me a bike, not us a bike. If I knew she was going to be "lets go lets go" I would now be on something more like an electra glide or at least a street glide. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!

Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by billjoat
If I knew then what I know now. Before I got it,"you want to ride with me babe? No honey not at all" was what I heard 4-5 times. I thought I was buying me a bike, not us a bike. If I knew she was going to be "lets go lets go" I would now be on something more like an electra glide or at least a street glide. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!

In a year or so, I'll pick up an Electra glide for us and keep the wide glide for ME!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by billjoat
Exactly... Now you need to get ANOTHER one so both can be comfortable...

Old 08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
Exactly... Now you need to get ANOTHER one so both can be comfortable...
I agree!! Something along these lines:

Attached Thumbnails My new 2010 Wide Glide-2010-harley-davidson-roadkingclassic-flhrcb.jpg