Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros and Cons of Programmers for '06 Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:51 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Pros and Cons of Programmers for '06 Dynas

ORIGINAL: PowerCobra98

The SERT is about twice the amount you want to spend but in my opinion it's worth every dollar. I can't speak about the others because I don't have any experience with them.

The SERT is a great tool because you can change literally hundreds of cells of information pertaining to all sorts of engine functions, i.e. idle rpm, spark advance, VE, AFR, accel enrichment and enleanment, etc.

If you get a download you're basically stuck with what you have and can never make any changes. With the SERT you can make changes as many times as you want to account for any situation or riding style you have. I'm probably running my 10th different calibration in the bike right now. Each time I make little changes to advance the timing or increase VE or change idle rpm, the list goes on. Plus with the SERT you can take a ride with a laptop and data log so you can actually "see" what's going on. That's how I get the information to make changes to my maps. It's really an invaluable tuning tool and I'd pay the money all over again for a SERT without hesitation.

I'm sure everybody has their favorite fuel management system of choice but for me the SERT is well worth the money and something that you would surely not regret purchasing once you see the power it contains.
What he said...I spent the $377 (Zanotti's) and then had the tech load the latest specific map off the SERT and dyno tune to tweak it off that which is worth the extra $$. IMO

Old 05-26-2006, 06:24 PM
wild wally
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is an excellent explanation of the different types of fuel management systems! We should request permission from the author and post this info here in a sticky!

http://harleychatgroup.com/index.php...der=0&thold=-1

Old 05-26-2006, 06:37 PM
biker77
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me ask a question to all you pcIII guys. I understand it doesn't use the oxygen sensors, so did you unplug them and remove them, cut the wires and remove them, or just zip tie them some place on the frame. Because if I went with the pcIII I wouldn't want to buy an aftermarket set of pipes that are made for them.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:29 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to say that the SERT will give you by far more options than any of the other EFI controlers that I am aware of. I think that in this case,... the extra $$$ that the SERT costs is well worth it.

John