Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Factory Solo seat guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 11:21 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default 06 Factory Solo seat guys

How comfortable are the factory solo seats that come on the 06's on rides over a few hundred miles.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:27 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 Factory Solo seat guys

After about a hundred you start to fell a bit sore but not bad. At about 150-200 ytou start moving around trying to get into a better position. I am gonna say that while sitting for a few hours on anything and your gonna start to feel it.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:36 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: mcurry5

After about a hundred you start to fell a bit sore but not bad. At about 150-200 ytou start moving around trying to get into a better position. I am gonna say that while sitting for a few hours on anything and your gonna start to feel it.
Thanks. I had to run to Seaford, Del. twice this week (3hrs each way) and also a trip to Ocean City last fall and the factory seat on my 05 beats me to death after a few hours even if I take breaks. I've been debating a solo but I think the Mustang is a bit wide for the look I want to keep on my bike and I hear Corbins quality ain't what it used to be from quite a few people now.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:16 AM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think I rode 300+ miles last Saturday on my '06 SG and didnt notice my seat being totally uncomfortable. Like above, you just want to shift around every so often .... nothing major. My plan is to keep it and add another 2-up seat for when I got a passenger.

On that topic ... I was thinking about a Corbin ... what sort of negative stuff are hearing?

Thanks ...

P

Old 05-26-2006, 12:17 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,....... Since I got my 06 SuperGlide 2 weeks ago I have put on appx 850 miles and I went on a couple of rides around 300 miles each, and the factory seat was a pain in my ***. I really like the look of the solo seat, especially with my motherwell rack on back, but for me It just started to get pretty rough on the butt after around an hour of riding. I'm 6'2" and I think its because the factory seat dont give me the room that I need. I ordered a new H-D Tallboy seat from my dealer and I'm gonna run by and pic it up in the morning. It is supposed to really help the taller riders. It lifts ya up 1.75" and back 2" so that should be just what I'm needing for a more pleasant ride, and plus the Tallboy seat is supposed to be a pretty comfy touring seat as well, which will be good since the Mrs. has been wanting to ride as well. I'll give a review of how well it is when I get it on.

John

Old 05-26-2006, 01:52 AM
phreak
Road Master

I must be different. I've got the phactory solo on my SB, and I don't think it's that bad. I can easily do a tank phull.

I will say this though, it's much better when I have the pillion on. That's why I'm looking phor another seat that has more of a back rest to it, without actually having a backrest to it.

I had a Sundowner on my Sporty, and it used to make my ballz phall asleep. I'm seriously considering either a sidekick, or a Gunslinger phor more low back support without adding the big phat azz passenger pad.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:33 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

Harley factory solo.

Don't through that stock seat away if you like the looks of it.

I read an article several months ago about how to make your stocker feel like a Corbin.
The guy gave very specific, detailed instructions on how to do it.

If I can find the article again, I'll post it in the forum for all.

DD

Old 08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

Stock Bob seat - Rode 250 miles round trip in 58 degree windy weather one day and my rear gave no complaints.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:02 PM
WillieC
Road Master

I found the 06 to be the most comfortable stock seat I have used

WillieC

Old 08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

took off my eom seat first day,i hated it,just like any oem seat i have even had .

Quick Reply: 06 Factory Solo seat guys