Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider backrest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by BobsClassic
...does anyone have a rider backrest set up?? If so what kind and do you have pics,thanks Bob
Saw this one today at French and German Ebay:

Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by judas666
keep an eye on ebay, this seat was priority one for me but at $597 was too much. sure enough two weeks later i found this one in mint condition for $99 buy it now.

Looks great too!

Old 06-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rene, that is awesome! Not only a backrest for a solo seat but a much better rack setup then the motherwell's I currently run. Doesn't look like you could use Easy Brackets or the like but with that set up for my trips I wouldn't need saddlebags. Will have to start looking on this side of the pond for something like that.

Any idea what it sells for over there?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Saw this one today at French and German Ebay:

Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
Rene, that is awesome! Not only a backrest for a solo seat but a much better rack setup then the motherwell's I currently run. Doesn't look like you could use Easy Brackets or the like but with that set up for my trips I wouldn't need saddlebags. Will have to start looking on this side of the pond for something like that.

Any idea what it sells for over there?

Thanks!
PM sent

Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a corbin off ebay with a back rest and it is very comfy and I have also have had a mustung they are both great seats

Old 06-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider

Found some additional info on this rack thanks to the eBay links Rene PM'd me. Maker is Fehling (http://www.fehling.de/index.php?cont...29fe3bf9f2803a). Part number is 7881 FRG. I emailed the two USA importers they list. One confirmed that they can get it. 5-8 week turnaround since they don't stock it and have to order from Germany. Price is $259.95.

I'm seriously considering it due to the solid mounting that would eliminate the risk of fender damage my Motherwell might cause. Plus it's a similar look to the MW. Bit concerned that, since it isn't adjustable, it may not fit me right. I figure I could either cut down some padding in the pad if it pushes me too far forward or either add some or space the pad out from the bracket somehow, but that's about it. And since it doesn't fold like most rider backrests it might make getting on and off the bike a bit more challenging. Just have to decide whether I want to take a $300 gamble.

Thanks again for your help, Rene.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:19 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

...Found some additional info on this rack thanks to the eBay links Rene PM'd me. Maker is Fehling (http://www.fehling.de/index.php?cont...29fe3bf9f2803a). Part number is 7881 FRG. I emailed the two USA importers they list. One confirmed that they can get it. 5-8 week turnaround since they don't stock it and have to order from Germany. Price is $259.95....
Thanks for sharing the info you found.

...Thanks again for your help, Rene...
My pleasure, Todd.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 AM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just put a c&c sport tour w/ driver backrest on my fatbob, and freaking love it. I have had back pain the last couple of weeks, and I connected it with riding my bike. I didn't have any back pain last season but for whatever reason started getting mid back strain. I have popped motrin for the last couple of months. Well broke down and got a new seat with the backrest and I have to say it is my favorite mod of all. I also attatched a small bag on the back of it, so I have a place to store things and ditched the bookbag setup I was running.

My only complaint is getting off the bike is a pain now! I either do the one legged hop or I practice my karate kid kick, which isn't fun. I have to work on the entry and exit on this thing but so far so good. I took it for a couple hundred miles today and it was the first time in a month that I could ride without cringing in agony afterwards

Old 06-13-2010, 01:55 AM
gettherefast
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have any pictures of a 2010 wide glide with a back rest for the stock seat? also i would like to still keep my passenger seat too.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by stic2it
My only complaint is getting off the bike is a pain now! I either do the one legged hop or I practice my karate kid kick, which isn't fun. I have to work on the entry and exit on this thing but so far so good.
My exact concern with the solo rack/rest I posted about. But I don't like the look of the Mustang Wide w/rest on the Street Bob and I want to stick with a solo so the C&C is out.

Ever tried getting on from the right? Not sure it would help in this case but I find it easier to dismount to the right, I guess cause the bike is "falling away" from you on the kickstand. Oddly I almost never try to mount from that side.