Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iniminators

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all good dude...you'll just be a fu**in pro at it! I started a thread a while back when I installed mine stating that I tried valves & springs separate times also tried levels of sag & different spring configuration with the works set (5-6 times apart in a day), best final result for me was both works springs & ricor valves, don't remember the spring configuration I went with, but I did write it down somewhere! Anyhow, ya just gotta play with it & figure out what type of ride ya like best for you! For me the valves were a good improovement, but I felt there was more on the table as far as the springs went & sure as sh** the works with the right set up was another great improvement!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:54 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
That's moreorless what I told Brian @ Ricor. Told him I appreciated that level of customer service.

I just don't know if the oversized insert gave me a hard ride or what. I'd almost rather just put in some aftermarket springs and go from there. I don't know.

Pull the front end apart to swap Intiminators. Test. Possible front end disassembly again to remove / install aftermarket springs (Progressive / Works). That would make like 8 times I've had that front end apart since April/May.
Install the springs when you replace the Ricors. If you replace the springs with Works you are most likely going to have to take it apart, at minimum, once again to set the dual rate spring where you want it. Sounds like a lot of work but you can pull the wheel, fender, caliper, loosen the fork caps, loosen 4 pinch bolts and the forks are off in 10 min. much easier to work with off the bike. I had mine off 3x in 1/2 day checking out different fluid and preloads and still got to ride some.
CB

Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SC,
What did you end up doing with your front suspension?
CB

Old 10-13-2009, 07:06 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
SC,
What did you end up doing with your front suspension?
CB
Ricor sent me a replacement set of intiminators but I have not been able to install them. If I have the time, it's bad weather...when it's nice I don't have the time. Remember, no garage so Im at the mercy of mother nature.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 AM
MonteW
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the same experience

I have installed Ricor Intiminators on my SG Custom '08 and replaced stock fork oil with the one supplied with it. The feeling is that the fork is too hard and does not go well with my rear Ohlins shocks.