Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli Night Dragon Thoughts???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
stbobfisher
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pirelli Night Dragon Thoughts???

I know everybody loves tire threads.
It is time for tires on my 06StB (10750on present tires) I have read that several people are running these tires now, but have not heard much feedback on there thoughts, likes or dislikes about the tires. So I am looking for feedback from anybody that has them and has put a few miles on them now. When I replace the rear tire i also want to replace the front tire. I want to go to a 120-70-19 on the front, is anybody running this size with stock width wheel and stock fender, if so how does the bike handle with the wider tire. I ride the bike hard in the turns and go to the mountains often. so any input would be great.
thanks Chris

Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stbobfisher
I know everybody loves tire threads.
It is time for tires on my 06StB (10750on present tires) I have read that several people are running these tires now, but have not heard much feedback on there thoughts, likes or dislikes about the tires. So I am looking for feedback from anybody that has them and has put a few miles on them now. When I replace the rear tire i also want to replace the front tire. I want to go to a 120-70-19 on the front, is anybody running this size with stock width wheel and stock fender, if so how does the bike handle with the wider tire. I ride the bike hard in the turns and go to the mountains often. so any input would be great.
thanks Chris
They are working great for me and appear to wearing very well after 2K mi. I run the 180/60 with the 100/90, you will be happy with the performance of both tires. The 120/70 ZR 19 is for a 3.00 - 3.75" rim and is a radial. Our laced wheel is 3.00 so it will fit the rim, not sure about the fender. I am not comfortable running a Radial with a Bias, but that is just my belief. I do like to match tire brands as they are usually designed to work together and Pirelli does say they designed these to work in tandem, especially in the rain. That is not to say the rear would not work well with another tire brand on the front.
CB

Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i think those are what i am going to go with next month when i replace my tires

Old 07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I am going to get some Night Dragons in a few weeks as well, (my birthday is in august and I think I am buying myself some rubber =).

I ran Pirelli/Diablos on my last sport bike and they drastically improved my transitioning and confidence in the turns. If the Night Dragons are half as good as the diablos I will be stoked !

I am doing the 180 in back, Haven't looked into the front tire dimension options just yet.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 07-22-2009, 04:58 PM
r00k
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ZeroFiveFour
(my birthday is in august and I think I am buying myself some rubber =).
Rubber for the birthday, eh?

I'm thinking about getting a set of these tires soon.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:59 PM
stbobfisher
Cruiser

Good to here positive report on the tires, I push the bike in the turns, i am draging somthing about everyday, so i would like a tire that gives me a little more comfort when doing that. the only real reson for the 120 front is to fill the fender up and i can not swing the cost to go to a 21 now. but that will be next tire change I hope.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for new tires, too. I loved Pirelli tires on my Ducati so these are definitely a consideration. So far the best delivered price I can find is $100.99 for the 100/90/19 front and 167.99 for the 180/60/17 rear. This is from Motorcycle Superstore. Dennis Kirk will beat any price and they are only $9 more anyway.

Has anybody seen better prices?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
skintbackfarms
Advanced

I am thinking about going with them too. I got Avons on it bike now and my rear tire is cupping on the left side. What would be a good cause of that?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Originally Posted by skintbackfarms
I am thinking about going with them too. I got Avons on it bike now and my rear tire is cupping on the left side. What would be a good cause of that?
Here's a tire wear resource link for ya...
http://www.rattlebars.com/valkfaq/tirewear/

Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
Here's a tire wear resource link for ya...
http://www.rattlebars.com/valkfaq/tirewear/
Great link and info, kind of a hard read but worth it.
CB

Quick Reply: Pirelli Night Dragon Thoughts???