Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i have a HD quick release and NEVER have got issues on buffering at all
granted i lift it as high as i can on my forks and perfer to look through the shield, most people like to look over it... i am too short for that, so i lift it, i have been told that my fog lights are the reason i do not get buffering but who knows

Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lookin good Joe.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:01 PM
guff
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry

My experience... I only feel buffeting when wearing a helmet, which is not that often. If you don't wear a helmet there's a good chance you won't need to do anything. It's when that bubble head helmet sticks up in the more turbulent area just above the windshield that you feel the wind vibrating your head. Again... that's only my experience.
I have the exact same experience with the HD quick release standard height shield on my Fat Bob. I'm 6'2" and my big head sticks up above the sheild a bit. I typically cruise the open highway at 75-80 because there is almost no traffic. So wearing a full-face helmet is tolerable for about 30 minutes, much more than that I start to get a headache. If I stay at 65 or below it is much better, but not completely comfortable. I've moved the shield up, down, in, out and the best I could do is all the way up and tilted forward a bit. Oh, and I have a fork bag above the headlights. Without the helmet the shield is really a huge improvement in comfort. I only wear a helmet when I'm riding the interstate highways, the windshiled stays on all the time. Just my $0.02.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:37 PM
DGDyna
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
..., or get yourself something with plenty of room for bags, seats two comfortably, can drive for days without a sore but, keeps you dry, adjustable for some wind, no wind, lots of wind... heat... air conditioning..... a nice two seat convertible sports car...
Nice come-back

Old 07-20-2009, 03:48 PM
DGDyna
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m 5’9” so I’d probably be below most windshields. Also, I’m not a big windshield fan so the HDQD would be the way I would go. I don’t have the cash to experiment with different options so I wanted to see what you guys have done.

It’s just that Saturday night I was with some guys and they said I’d get the snot beat out of me if I took a 300+ mile trip w/o a windshield. True?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a HDQD A 300 mile trip i would not go with out it I dont know about the snot beat out of you but it will wear you out. It took me about a week to get the shield adjusted for me there is a little buffet but not bad. I have a bag mounted to it but thats for convienance dont thik I notice any other differance.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the standard quick release shield on my Fat Bob and I like it a lot.

When I first used it I found the buffeting uncomfortable but I managed to reduce it by sliding the screen up a touch.

After a few miles I got used to the buffeting and now I hardly notice it.

I only use it for longer journeys when it makes a big difference to the comfort. My arms and back ache after about a couple of hours riding without the screen but with it fitted I can ride all day in comfort. It's pretty good in the rain and keeps you warmer in colder weather because it reduces wind shear.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:14 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wont ride without my memphis shades

Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just order a HD quick release and it is on back order but I hope I can fit it to where there is no buffetting. I just went on my first long trip Saturday, 300 miles, and the wind really wears on you and you cannot hear the pipes or anything. Hope my next trip with the windshield will be more comfortable.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 PM
ifishwalleye
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try and find a good used one, I got a practical brand new HDQR standard height for half the price of new, from the classified ads.
I had some buffeting,but i fabricated some small lexan lowers about 3"X6" and attached it to the lower sides of shield, it redirected the air coming from bottom
of shield back further back and it really help with my buffeting. i do not have a
tool bag on or anything else.
I had the same idea of taking it off and only using for trips, but i leave it on 95%
of the time. the wind noise is cut way down, i wear a half helment.
my sig pic is before windshield. need to update it.

Quick Reply: Windshield