Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob hand grip caps

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 PM
brunowg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob hand grip caps

I purchased chrome caps for the hand grips on my Street Bob. The parts guy at my dealer said they would fit the stock grips. There aren't any instructions in the kit. Will they fit? If so can someone please offer some installl tips? I searched the forum and didn't find anything.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brunowg
I purchased chrome caps for the hand grips on my Street Bob. The parts guy at my dealer said they would fit the stock grips. There aren't any instructions in the kit. Will they fit? If so can someone please offer some installl tips? I searched the forum and didn't find anything.
Please provide the part number of your purchase.

You may have run across something which almost never. ever happens; your dealer may have given you incorrect information.

The grip end caps I have seen are intended to replace the caps already on many of the custom grips Harley offers, NOT the original rubber grips.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:50 AM
brunowg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right. These won't fit the standard hand grips, I called and verified this morning. The parts guys at this Dealer are really good but they were all busy. The manager assured me that these would work and was a little too fast with his answer so I suspected he may not have been right. I had an insomnia moment last night working out in the garage so I looked at them and they won't work unless I modify the stock grips. Thanks.