Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to put my cane?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 PM
YourOldDog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a fix for that that works just fine for me. I have a leather shoe lace like used on hunting boots. I slipped it behind the fender hanger. I lay my cain with the hook end of the top of the left shock mount and let the other end rest on the turn signal. I then tie the rawhide lace around the mid section fo the cain and tie in a conventioanal bow ! Works like a champ. I thought of a dozen Rube Goldbergs but the leather lace has not loosend on me yet and is a low tech answer to the problem.

PS, if you mount the cain on the left side of the bike you can occasionally reach down there with the left hand to see if it's still snugged up while you're riding along.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:30 PM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

a sheath made for it that would strap to your bike somewhere...
It would be no big deal to make one of those. There is also a thing called a ball bungie that can be fastened and unfastened pretty fast and they're cheap. http://www.tarpsonline.com/limage.as...c=Ball+Bungies

Last edited by rayfinseats; 07-17-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Illinois Fat Bob
Advanced

I would recommend a telescopic or folding cane.

Attached Thumbnails Where to put my cane?-5705.jpg  
Old 07-18-2009, 08:11 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

let us know what you decide to do...

Old 07-18-2009, 08:55 AM
MikeGolf96
Advanced

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm going to combine some of them. I like the gun case and strap it to the rear fender hangers. The folding cane reminds me to much of an old lady carring one in her purse. I'll post photos when I get it right.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:56 PM
saybel
Advanced
Default not embarrassed

Originally Posted by MikeGolf96
The folding cane reminds me to much of an old lady carring one in her purse. I'll post photos when I get it right.
I use a fold-up cane and carry it in the tool bag. When I get where I'm going, I put on a wig and put it in my purse. That way I'm not embarrassed to be using an old lady's cane.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Cane Holder

A quick fix would be to go to home depot or lowes and get a package of rubber grommets and find the correct size to fit around your cane. If you use 2 of them you can velcro to them to you handlebars and they will not slip on the rubber. Home Depot sells a package of assorted sizes with 2 of each size in the electrical/conduit section. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2023, 07:42 AM
onodontbescurred
Stage III
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here is how I did it

I will try to get back here to post a list for the parts on Amazon. The only thing i don’t remember is the bolt sizes.

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Springs (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 02:09 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,232 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by onodontbescurred
I will try to get back here to post a list for the parts on Amazon. The only thing i don’t remember is the bolt sizes.

So that question was asked nearly 14 years ago, I think he might have figured it out by now. Pretty cool what you did there though. Is that a locking mechanism

Old 05-01-2023, 02:55 PM
onodontbescurred
Stage III
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
So that question was asked nearly 14 years ago, I think he might have figured it out by now. Pretty cool what you did there though. Is that a locking mechanism
Yes, it is a locking mechanism so it doesn’t fly out if the brakes have to get applied hard. I know the op has probably figured out a way, but he can hardly be the only one out there that needs a way to carry a cane on a Harley. I searched all over and could not find an established way to do it so I figured I would try to help others by posting how I made it work and save them the hassle of experimenting and searching like I had to do. It will cost about $100 based off current Amazon prices of the parts plus the cost of a couple of bolts and nuts. Below is a link to a list of parts on Amazon. Hopefully this helps someone who needs it.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/29JFEF0M5ZPZW?ref_=wl_share

Last edited by onodontbescurred; 05-01-2023 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to put my cane?