Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 AM
yk.hd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked mine up at the beginning of the month. I am loving this machine. Having the 6 speed tranny is really nice - never had a bike with a 6th gear before. Just go buy one. It's the best bang for the buck bike, and it's a blast to ride. It's a blank slate for you to shape it to your vision: be that new bars, more chrome, less chrome, exhaust, seat, ect ect...

Old 07-17-2009, 08:15 AM
RCB
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As stated previously the FXDC is probably the best bang for your buck. It is also one of the most versatile bikes in the H-D line up. Great for cruising and touring. As for all the chrome a little TLC is all it takes. You won't be disappointed should you decide on one. IMHO

Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
dhellyer08
Cruiser

I really like mine. I've had it for 1 year and so far I put 16,000 miles on it with no problems.

David

Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Tele00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine, It was vivid black but I tweaked a few things. GREAT bike for the money.

Last edited by Tele00; 07-17-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM
gkvette
Cruiser

Love my 09 FXDC. I am into restored Corvettes where originality is the goal. So I have a penchant for completely stock. I also like that it is a big twin that handles well. The FXDC had the right look for me just as it is without requiring any change. Only takes a few minutes after a ride to clean up the areas that pick up road debris with a detailer wax squirted on a micro towel.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Doc, I've had mine for just under two years now and love her. I traded in a 1200C after 10 years and haven't looked back. She has great power, handling and is pretty darn comfortable. That being said, the only relatively "major" changes that I've made have been in the saddle and handlebar area. I switched out the stock seat for a Mustang Vintage Wide Touring seat and the buckhorns for Low Rider bars on 6" pull back risers. As for cleaning, the chrome's alot easier than it looks. What I've found works great (and I'm not alone in this) is Lemon Pledge. It works great for the paint and the chrome.

Good luck

Old 07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
miami
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I just traded up from 08 xl883c to 09 fxdc with mids..I am 6'1 and should have got the forwards but that will come in time. In one week of riding this thing it is nice.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 PM
les63
Tourer

Go for it you will not be sorry, for the extra money you get two up seat, rear pegs, ignition switch and the speedo in the dash and lots of chrome, + vivid black and chrome is sic. However I am really partial to my Red Hot Sunglow and chrome.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:34 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc4545
Hey group, new member here. Been riding for about 40 years now, just got rid of my most recent new bike (a Nightster, looks great parked, didn't like riding it). I've owned lots of different bikes over the years; H-D, Triumph, Honda, Yammy, Kaw.

Started looking at a new Dyna and orginally was interested in the Super Glide. Took a good look at the Custom and I must say I was impressed. Most of my riding will be under 200 miles at a shot but I did like the 2 up saddle, pegs and general look of the bike but.....I'm not big on chrome.

The one I'm looking at is Vivid Black, dig the old school tank badge, but not sure about all that other chrome. It does seem to be a great value for all you get.

So, how is it living with one? Thanks for your replies, Doc.

You dont have to be crazy about chrome, as the custom has just enough chrome without going overboard...imho(although I like chrome and am therefore a bit biased=))).

As you can see alot of us have gone in different directions with the standard FXDC.

The bike is absolutely fantastic on long hauls as well as short trips.

I would recommend the FXDCustom over the FXD/standard for one reason alone:

The fat tank with built in speedo.
I think you get premium paint options with the FXDC too.

The fxdc also has the chrome engine kit which POPS the paint.

Good luck and enjoy.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited by ZeroFiveFour; 07-17-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Bluesrider
Tourer
Default I dig mine

Quick Reply: Super Glide Custom