Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed a Supertrapp Supermeg, now a question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:12 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, I am getting ready to start now. I understood the difference between a lean condition and an exhaust leak. IMO this was clearly an exhaust leak . I did not want to correct anyone because I appreciate them taking the time to post in a thread in which I am asking for help. And you never know, I have been wrong before I am more familiar in dealing with these issues in cars then I am bikes so sometimes I question my own judgement.

I dig the sound with 18 disks . Jamie said the map was good for all 20 disks, but taking a couple away and making it run a little richer will not hurt anything I am sure.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

I think that did it. Took the pipes off, replaced the gaskets and was a little more careful putting everything back together. There is still a little pop here and there, but nothing I am too worried about. After a ride or two I will tighten everything up again.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:40 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds good. Glad you got the problem solved. I think I've got a leak as well, but I've been putting it off for a while. Need to get that fixed ASAP.

Post up some pics and a video man! I'm curious as to how these sound.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:08 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

I was trying to let it cool down so I could put the heat shields back on, but I guess I could take a video now and put the shields back on tomorrow. Let me see what I can do.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:27 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

As soon as I upload the video to youtube I will post a link. My neighbor had a couple of other neighbors over at his house and they were cooking on the grill. I had to cut the video off because he was walking over to talk to me. He asked what I was doing and I said testing some pipes.....he just said "OK" in that condescending way people do sometimes. So I said "If you invited me over for burgers I would not be out here working on my bike". My garage is right on the property line just about inline with his patio, lol.

My earlier test drive was not a ton of fun either . I hit a cable or something that was on the interstate and it flew up and chipped the **** out of my front fender. Oh well, at least it did not take out my oil cooler...that would have been fun going 80mph.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:18 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

Here is a video, no pics as I do not have the heat shields on yet. The sound on my camera sucks, but it is the best I can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYEY4K8dtl0

Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

YEA! I like it! Sounds great!