Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JP Cycle / Drag Specialties Front Signal Relocation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011 | 06:36 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior

where the lower triple tree pinch bolt goes in needs to be perpindicular with your bike... i believe the 08 and up models changed triple tree design to where as this bolt is slightly angled making the turn signal not pointing exactly forward...

Old 03-05-2011 | 05:19 AM
kirk180
Tourer

No kiddin? Well I guess I'll go to the dealers this morning and give them a heads up that my part coming in may be of no use. So what's everyone with a 2010 Dyna using then? I'll try the search button. But an answer to a nice tucked mounting system would be appreciated. This was my second ordered set after returning the Harley ones for sticking out too far. Thx.

Old 03-06-2011 | 10:24 PM
hacksawsgarage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kirk180
No kiddin? Well I guess I'll go to the dealers this morning and give them a heads up that my part coming in may be of no use. So what's everyone with a 2010 Dyna using then? I'll try the search button. But an answer to a nice tucked mounting system would be appreciated. This was my second ordered set after returning the Harley ones for sticking out too far. Thx.
you should do just that. the spacers are to wide to line up the bracket with the pinch bolts, and as mentioned, even if one did modify the washers , the signal will point off to the side a bit.
now perhaps DS things the signal can be aligned if one can get the ball end apart from the stock signal mount bolt. but there is no instructions to tell you any of this.

the bottom line is the kit was designed for 38mm forks. the first year or so of 49mm forks used a similar tree. as by now you understand, the 2008 tree is configured differently.

i am going with the tab/swivelmounts off the left stock signal/mirrors as someone described in the other thread on this subject.

Old 03-14-2011 | 02:46 PM
rjheff
Tourer

I just added them to my 07 FXDC today. This link was really helpful too.
http://ae1m.com/relocate_directionals/install.htm
I found that the nylon washers really were important. And I used an extended length 5/16 hex wrench when torquing down the new allen pinch bolt. That saved the chrome on the lights.

Old 03-14-2011 | 05:35 PM
kirk180
Tourer

Thanks for bringing this thread back up...I couldn't find it before. This set up worked just fine for my 2010 FXDC as well, and I wanted to update my findings here. After being told they wouldn't work, I got a little worried. Fortunately they ended up working just fine. Granted they don't work with the spacer that Drag/JP gives you. You'll need to get a narrower, slightly longer spacer for the bolt so that it's bumped out slightly for a nice flush fit. And I needed to use a washer to mount the turns as well, so that they would fit flush. So with a simple spacer hardware pick up, and a new washer, they work great!

Old 03-14-2011 | 05:51 PM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kirk180
Thanks for bringing this thread back up...I couldn't find it before. This set up worked just fine for my 2010 FXDC as well, and I wanted to update my findings here. After being told they wouldn't work, I got a little worried. Fortunately they ended up working just fine. Granted they don't work with the spacer that Drag/JP gives you. You'll need to get a narrower, slightly longer spacer for the bolt so that it's bumped out slightly for a nice flush fit. And I needed to use a washer to mount the turns as well, so that they would fit flush. So with a simple spacer hardware pick up, and a new washer, they work great!
Interesting....any pics?

Old 04-20-2011 | 07:23 AM
kirk180
Tourer

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see the question asked until I was searching for this thread for another member.

Originally Posted by drnk_n_publick
Interesting....any pics?
Other than my gallery pics, no. I didn't take any pics of it. Guess I should have for others to see while it was going together. But if you get the kit and hold it up to where it goes...you should be able to put one and one together and figure it out.

Edit: Actually, I'm home with a bad back right now...so I'll go take a pic real qiuck with my cell phone and post it in a bit.

Last edited by kirk180; 04-20-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2011 | 07:40 AM
pcbertsch
Tourer

Thanks to all, looks like I'll be going down that same route next month.

Old 04-20-2011 | 08:42 AM
kirk180
Tourer

I created a thread for it.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...9mm-trees.html

Attached Thumbnails JP Cycle / Drag Specialties Front Signal Relocation Kit-dragturnrelocate.jpg  

Last edited by kirk180; 04-20-2011 at 11:15 AM.