Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good bag for a Dyna solo luggage rack?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:43 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Handycam
Thanks, just ordered a Nelson Rigg CTB 250 from cruisercustomizing.com, on sale for $69.00. Much better deal than the "Biker's Friend" bag I was looking at for 0ver $200.
I think you'll really like it. I got mine on Ebay for $9 I think it was.
I'm missing the straps with the quick release buckles but I just use a couple of bungee chords to secure it to the Motherwell rack.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 AM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.cycleluggage.com/willie_a...our_trunk.html

I was looking at the Bikers Friend bags. They are EXPENSIVE and after seeing that they sent one out with a hole, doens't say too much for their quality control.

I have a few different bags, I like the Willie & Max (see link above) for an everyday bag. Perfect size, looks like it was made for the bike. I can fold my heavy leather jacket and get it in the bag along with gloves. I can get a 1/2 helmet in there but not with the jacket.

It's faux leather but honestly looks real. It was rained on all night once while traveling and it did not damage it at all or change it looks. I'm very happy with it.

I also have a couple different t-bags for really long trips. Their quality and customer service is great. The zipper broke on one of the bags that I had for about 3 years. I sent it back to them and they sent me a brand new bag. T-Bags have lifetime warranty.

Last edited by frankjake; 07-15-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when attached to the forks, how is it mounted. are you using ( a built in strap system) or a bungee cord setup.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Default Mounting

Originally Posted by JaronB
I got the Kuryakyn custom roll bag. I use the motherwell when it's cold and have the windshield on, but right now I have the bare fender with it up on the bars. I didn't an overnighter camping trip 2 weekends ago and was just fine on the handle bars.

Here's on the Motherwell.

Here's on the bars

And here was camping trip Had snacks, 2 one liter water, shirt, undies, tools in the roll bag with the tent strapped to the d-rings built into the bag and then on the mother well I had the sleeping bag and my jacket bungeed.

When you mounted the bags to your forks, how did they stay in place? Is the bag equipped with straps to use on the forks, or is this a rigged bungee cord set up?

Old 07-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Foxyrider
Cruiser

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...tID/13/scID/27

Kuryakyn has several and I love mine.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
cpa55
Cruiser

Just got a Kury mini grantour bag for Fathers Day and I love it. I have the motherwell rack and I can lay it on the rack or put it on the backrest when I change seats. It unzips from the mounting part and has backpack straps to carry with you. This is the best\most useful bag I have ever owned.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Handycam
I just got a 7" Motherwell solo luggage rack. I am looking for a small-ish bag for it, something inexpensive and preferably waterproof.

I have a small trip coming up for an overnight to an out-of-state wedding, need to take clothes and such.

Other than this trip, I'd like to be able to keep daily stuff in it, like my rain gear and sweatshirt when it gets cool. I currently carry around a shoulder-strap large Timbuktu messenger bag for this, but I'm tired of having it on me, rather have it on the bike.

I don't care about a backrest-type bag, just a bag that looks good on the street bob and it reliable. Recommendations?
See my sig - Kury mini tour pack.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Handycam
Tourer

I just got the Nelson-Rigg today, just like the one pictured on Pig's bike above. How do you guys attach it to the solo rack? I guess I need to improvise a way with the straps they sent, since the bag is really designed for looping onto a sissy bar.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

jafrum used to have this bag on sale.. I got it for $50.00, Its smaller than my BikersFriend, but its great for that 6-pack and bread runs we have to do now and then.
I just checked and they dont have it listed any more.....

Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try this: Bandit's Bedroll.....you can see it at Bandit's Bikernet. I've been meaning to get one; looks like it would hold several days worth of stuff plus has an integrated tool pouch. Mounts to the handlebars but you could prolly strap it pretty much anywhere. There's also a smaller version called the Dayroll that still has the tool flap built in . I can't link to bandit's site cuz I'm at work and it's blocked....but here's a link to an article about it in Cycle Source

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...ctive%26sa%3DG

Last edited by CRF; 07-24-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Good bag for a Dyna solo luggage rack?