Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me off the ledge, quick?!?!? A NEW Street Bob?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go for it. I would have said save up and put extra money towards your payments once you get the new ride, but that money (and then some more) is going to be needed for the necessary add-ons. You're never going to come out ahead on bikes, so accept it and move on, riding what you really want to ride.

Good luck!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

My wife was taking a nap when I called her like 5 times. So I assumed it as a yes since she didn't answer and figured she would get over it and I haven't heard one complaint come from her mouth after the initial telling her I bought my Harley. Then she got over and drove me down to pick it up the next day.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 AM
msankey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would wait 1 to 2 months. If you still want it, get it then. That is a good test to see if it is what you want or need. Also, who knows, you might get a better deal then. I have had about 5 emergencies this year. Are you having any problems with the Shadow? I usually want a new bike every month and come across some killer deals.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keep the domestic peace plenty of good bikes, not so many good women. As folks say when the 10's come out there will be more good deals.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

I sent my wife an email from Iraq telling her I bought my Low Rider. I told her to go ahead and get the complaining out now before I got home in 3 weeks for vacation because I earned the right to buy it. The only thing she had to say was "What does it have for a seat"?

Remember, it's always easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission....

Last edited by JakeInMa; 07-14-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

If mama ain't happy, your WORLD ain't gonna be a happy place, even perched on that shiny new ride. Better factor in some bling for her when you're budgeting for new ride. I'm no psychologist, just a single guy with 2-strikes.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:09 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

patience is key........FUGITT sell the shadow!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pkellymc
If mama ain't happy, your WORLD ain't gonna be a happy place, even perched on that shiny new ride. Better factor in some bling for her when you're budgeting for new ride. I'm no psychologist, just a single guy with 2-strikes.
This is extrememly valuable advice.

When she's happy we's happy.

Do the right thing by your lady. I bought 2 bikes without my wifes permission prior to getting my FXDC. Both times resulted in very unhappy times for me. I couldnt even enjoy the bikes. I ended up selling them both. But times were tough and I was selfish. A few years later I wanted another new bike before I got my FXDC, but the timing still wasn't right. So I continued to ride my trusty old Honda and put on a happy face. When it finally was the right time, my girl literally walked me into the dealership and bought me one. Thats right, SHE bought me my harley, she is a real sweetie =). For me it was a learning experience. Now it is easy for me to enjoy the ride and I have no problems maintaining my happiness at home. I learned the hard way, I can be very stubborn(stupid/selfish), Dont know about you but from my experience buying something that I couldn't afford was obviously a bad move. I dont know your situation but this is how it worked for me.

Good luck with your choice.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 07-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Rick1972
Cruiser

I gotta admit, some of you "The wife will get over it" guys are complete douchebags. Would you feel the same if the wife just showed up with a new car? Upside down on the last one and with higher payments? If you even have to think about this, then you need to bottle your sissy a$$, macho, we men can do what we want mentality. Once you got married, there is no more "I", everything is now "we". If "we" don't think its a good idea, then "we" should evaluate more options.

Just my opinion, combine that with a dollar, and you still cant buy anything.....

Old 07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rick1972
I gotta admit, some of you "The wife will get over it" guys are complete douchebags. Would you feel the same if the wife just showed up with a new car? Upside down on the last one and with higher payments? If you even have to think about this, then you need to bottle your sissy a$$, macho, we men can do what we want mentality. Once you got married, there is no more "I", everything is now "we". If "we" don't think its a good idea, then "we" should evaluate more options.

Just my opinion, combine that with a dollar, and you still cant buy anything.....
The wife got ahold of your keyboard, huh?

Quick Reply: Talk me off the ledge, quick?!?!? A NEW Street Bob?!?!?