Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Helo

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 AM
JCK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust Helo

performance wise..

Im getting some diff imput an want some hard facts. I have narrowed it down to 2 into 1. Seems they give the best performance gain. Is this correct?

Vance & Hines 2 into one Big Radius are D & D Fatcats. Are is there some Im missing.. Any imput on theses would be great before I drop the cash...

Old 07-10-2009, 11:23 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCK
Vance & Hines 2 into one Big Radius OR D & D Fatcats.
Big difference between Or and Are, as a side note. Yes, from what I've read 2-1 exhausts perform the best. Of the 2, I can't say which performs better, but I think the difference would be minimal enough that you should pick whichever you like better. (Sound or look-wise.)

Old 07-10-2009, 11:54 AM
JCK
Road Captain

sorry guys did a diff search an got all the info I needed..

Old 07-10-2009, 11:55 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out the latest issue of American Iron, Peterson does a good job of explaining why some pipes perform better than others and gives some recommendations.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:00 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Between the 2, I would go for the fatcats. Been talking to alot of indys/dealers and all are saying their seeing really good #'s with the fatcats. Thunderheaders are another popular 2-1 with good performance. I originally was looking at the thunderheader and to my surprise, I was told to stay away from them by quite a few shops! Quality of chrome sucks, welds breaking and some all out rusting through in a short period of time along with them not standing behind their products,I took them off the list!

Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

BTW, I decided to go with a Supertrapp Supermeg after doing a little research. The fact is was tunable beyond just changing out a baffle sold me on it. Plus I had really good experiences with Supertrapp in the past with ATV mufflers.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Big difference between Or and Are, as a side note. Yes, from what I've read 2-1 exhausts perform the best. Of the 2, I can't say which performs better, but I think the difference would be minimal enough that you should pick whichever you like better. (Sound or look-wise.)
Yup, what "CountryPunk" wrote above sums it up. I can only add that the D&D Fat Cat isn't a good pipe...........It's a great pipe!

It had everything I was looking for:

Fit
Finish
Performance
Sound
Complete heat shields
Minimum joints
Equal length or close to equal length head pipes

Old 07-10-2009, 12:34 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by overhead
BTW, I decided to go with a Supertrapp Supermeg after doing a little research. The fact is was tunable beyond just changing out a baffle sold me on it. Plus I had really good experiences with Supertrapp in the past with ATV mufflers.
From what I've heard and read Supertrapp makes a great product. I'm going with a 2-2 Supertrapp Mean Mothers II. The performance won't be as good as a 2-1 system but I'm not sold that it would make THAT much of a difference. I like the look of the 2-2 better.

As far as 2-2 systems go, everyone seems to have V&H. Haven't seen any Mean Mothers around here.....dated a few though. lol

Old 07-10-2009, 01:31 PM
JCK
Road Captain

if anyone sees a deal on theses please lmk..

D&D Fatcats 2-1

Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I go 2-n-1 it will be the super meg.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Helo