Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Helo

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Xsquid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harley Davidson= Dual Exhaust

To me putting a 2-1 on an HD is like putting single exhaust on a Mustang or a Vet. Wasn't meant to be.

im making good numbers with stepped headers. Still dual. My numbers will improve shortly too, got it running a little rich. Dyno sheet in my Photo gallery.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsquid
Harley Davidson= Dual Exhaust

To me putting a 2-1 on an HD is like putting single exhaust on a Mustang or a Vet. Wasn't meant to be.

im making good numbers with stepped headers. Still dual. My numbers will improve shortly too, got it running a little rich. Dyno sheet in my Photo gallery.
I'm going back and forth tryng to decide whether I love or hate the look of your cross over exhaust. I think it's because they're so different. I may have to take a better look at them. Doesn't look lke they'll work with mid controls though. Is that true?

Old 07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Xsquid
Cruiser

Nope, had to go to forwards with that exhaust. I cant tell you how much I love those pipes. Makes decent power too. Their stepped so that helps a lot. I think on my dyno sheet it says 103 torque and HP. Running rich right now, I know I can get 110 so dual exhaust still makes HP. Pipes sounds great too. Loud enough to let people know I'm coming but not to loud.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 PM
AlFoley
Intermediate

You can also take a look at Python Performance, they are suppossed to be a good setup 2 into 1 as well, think Drag Specialties catalog list price is around $499, suppossed to come with heat shields as well. Just another option to consider.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsquid
Nope, had to go to forwards with that exhaust. I cant tell you how much I love those pipes. Makes decent power too. Their stepped so that helps a lot. I think on my dyno sheet it says 103 torque and HP. Running rich right now, I know I can get 110 so dual exhaust still makes HP. Pipes sounds great too. Loud enough to let people know I'm coming but not to loud.
That may be a deal killer for me. I want to keep my mids. Much better control for the twisties. Too bad cause those pipes are unique and the more I see them the more they're growing on me.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:00 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

If you're serious about a good 2-1, your choices are unlimited. For me, it was narrowed down to 2. Either a BUB7, or the Supertrapp. The BUB7 will post better numbers (all other things being equal) across the board.

The only reason I went with the Supertrapp over the BUB7 was the Supertrapp is a bit quieter (big deal if you like your neighbors and Johnny Law). The tunability is a definite plus if you're looking to fine tune your power curve

Old 07-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Xsquid
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DynaMightBuzz
That may be a deal killer for me. I want to keep my mids. Much better control for the twisties. Too bad cause those pipes are unique and the more I see them the more they're growing on me.

That ALMOST was the deal killer for me but I wanted to get those so I had to go to forwards. I agree with you on the mids, their nice to have. To make matters worse, I had to spend ever more $$. I went with the forwards so I could get that exhaust, then to add to the problems since I am "vertically challenged" I had to get the heavy breather intake so I could get my short *** little get away sticks past the air cleaner to the forwards. With the Screamin' Eagle intake, non heavy breather type (shaped like stock tear drop one) it got in the way of my leg getting to the forwards. Soooo now I spend even more $$ so I can sport that exhaust. THANK GOD MY WIFE WORKS FOR Harley.... All this came at a great discount! Make a long story long.... Love that exhaust!

Old 07-12-2009, 03:00 PM
JCK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay I read an read an talked to alot of people an decided..

Big Shot staggered... I like the sound, the look an the power chamber... Order placed.. When they get here. Im going to have the bike dyno..... Then take a small break on doing anything else. Till I make the run to Sturgis...

Last edited by JCK; 07-12-2009 at 03:03 PM.