Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Round US tour route

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Shawn Kang
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round US tour route

Hi Dyna brothers;

This is just my dream! There will be a revision on the route till I get ready. However, I just want to accomplish this mission safely!

Attached Thumbnails Round US tour route-us_tour_route.jpg  

Last edited by Shawn Kang; 07-07-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:37 AM
YourOldDog
Cruiser

You left off part of the prettiest riding you might encounter? The Northeast was made for motorcycles! If it were me I'd go up to Vermont, take the ferry across Champlain then through the Adirondacks and then the thruway to blow past Buffalo (fairly flat) to link up with the rest of your map.

Riding in New York City would spook me! Last time I drove there I a cab driver spin out in front of me on 5th Avenue I got stopped within inches of his drivers door!

I assume you got GPS?

Last edited by YourOldDog; 07-06-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YourOldDog
You left off part of the prettiest riding you might encounter? The Northeast was made for motorcycles!
I was thinking the same thing about NC and N.GA. Enjoy the trip. I have a dream trip like that that I've been thinking about for 20 years. I better hurry up and get to it or another 20 will pass.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:06 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You are going to have an awesome ride. How much time do you have for the ride?

If time is not an issue my advice would be to avoid the interstates as much as possible. In my opinion, the secondary roads are much more interesting and fun to ride. You will also see and experience much more.

Are you riding solo or just a few riders? If so I would make a loose route list and schedule and be flexible. There are a lot of factors that you have no or little control over such as weather, mechanical problems, fatigue, etc.

These are just a couple of suggestions.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Shawn Kang
Intermediate

You left off part of the prettiest riding you might encounter? The Northeast was made for motorcycles! If it were me I'd go up to Vermont, take the ferry across Champlain then through the Adirondacks and then the thruway to blow past Buffalo (fairly flat) to link up with the rest of your map.

Riding in New York City would spook me! Last time I drove there I a cab driver spin out in front of me on 5th Avenue I got stopped within inches of his drivers door!

I assume you got GPS?
Thanks for the advice for GPS. I think I should have one in case I get lost.
Which one would you recommed for the safe riding?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Shawn Kang
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
I was thinking the same thing about NC and N.GA. Enjoy the trip. I have a dream trip like that that I've been thinking about for 20 years. I better hurry up and get to it or another 20 will pass.
Thanks! I will check more attractive route and Rallies!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Shawn Kang
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
You are going to have an awesome ride. How much time do you have for the ride?

If time is not an issue my advice would be to avoid the interstates as much as possible. In my opinion, the secondary roads are much more interesting and fun to ride. You will also see and experience much more.

Are you riding solo or just a few riders? If so I would make a loose route list and schedule and be flexible. There are a lot of factors that you have no or little control over such as weather, mechanical problems, fatigue, etc.

These are just a couple of suggestions.
Thank you so much for your sugestions. I will have penty of time, 4 or 5 months? I think I will be riding mainly solo, but I will ride together with a few riders in a few cities. Could you make a loose route list and schedule for me? I'd really appreciate that!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like a great trip but agree with others to stay off the interstates as much as possible. Some are not to bad but alot of them would just be a long and boring ride.

Most interstates here will have a highway that runs close to it. If you go to like google maps and map out your route you can pick a option to avoid Highways. This will give you a more scenic route.

Dont know how set you are on your route but if you came thru Missouri, I could give you a nice run from Branson MO to Cape Girardeau MO to Paducah KY to nashville TN. The interstate run from Nashville to Knoxville isnt a bad run as far as interstate riding goes but also a back highway as well.

When you are around Knoxville you need to check out the Smoky moutains and plan to spend a couple days there. Head down to Marryville and hit US 129 for the Tail of the Dragon and then the Cherahola Skyway.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Shawn Kang
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bberck
Looks like a great trip but agree with others to stay off the interstates as much as possible. Some are not to bad but alot of them would just be a long and boring ride.

Most interstates here will have a highway that runs close to it. If you go to like google maps and map out your route you can pick a option to avoid Highways. This will give you a more scenic route.

Dont know how set you are on your route but if you came thru Missouri, I could give you a nice run from Branson MO to Cape Girardeau MO to Paducah KY to nashville TN. The interstate run from Nashville to Knoxville isnt a bad run as far as interstate riding goes but also a back highway as well.

When you are around Knoxville you need to check out the Smoky moutains and plan to spend a couple days there. Head down to Marryville and hit US 129 for the Tail of the Dragon and then the Cherahola Skyway.
Thank you for your suggestions. Everybody does not recommend interstates. I will consider this in rerouting my plan. Ok I will keep you informed when I arrive in Oklahoma city and then I will try to head to Missouri.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Shawn Kang
Intermediate

I assume you got GPS?
Thanks! I think I should revise the route. After leaving NY city, I will head to Adriondeck Park and then go to Buffalo NY.

Quick Reply: Round US tour route