Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Owners with JS Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:26 PM
tejasrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Owners with JS Lift

Got my JS lift this week and tried it out Saturday. I was a little dissapointed that it was not as stable as I thought it would be based on the reviews and videos on their website. I know the Dyna has a little bit different frame. When I put it on the highest setting it is more stable than the lower settings. Is this normal? The bike seems to rock more than I thought it would.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done everything to my bike but pull the motor out. I never once felt like I had stability issues. I have never strapped my bike to my lift. I just finished a top end upgrade with no problem. Fine piece of equipment IMO.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:47 PM
tejasrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by thedonthere
I have done everything to my bike but pull the motor out. I never once felt like I had stability issues. I have never strapped my bike to my lift. I just finished a top end upgrade with no problem. Fine piece of equipment IMO.
Thanks for the info, it seems stable as far as moving the lift around in the garage, but it jsut seems to rock more than I thought it would. It is more stable on the highest setting than one of the lower ones. I was judging it off of the videos they show and I see no movement on the bike at all, but the are using a touring model not a Dyna. Overall, I like the lift a lot.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 PM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Dyna And A touring and both are solid on the J&S lift

Old 07-05-2009, 05:52 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would anyone need to hang off the back of their bike and do circles in their garage with the bike on the jack? Unless you get a full drive on lift there's not a better jack out there IMHO.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:54 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I just got mine last week and I find it very stable, especially when compared to the last cheap jack I used. I climbed up on the bike while it was on the jack today and it felt very stable. At the time I had it sitting on the safety bars and not just being held up by the bottle jack, maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

I have no idea what your talking about,mine is as stable as stable is! I already have made thier video to my friends look like nothing! I have spun mine aroung like a fan and jumped on it like a crazy muthafker,js kicks @ss,all my friends are buying one now after seeing what i did!
Man i was very drunk too, thanks JS,it will with stand even a drunk idiot!

Not too lie but there isnt Nobody pickier than me!
If im impressed than Everyone will be!

If im not impressed,
most people still will be!

Old 07-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Rodney
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tejasrider
Got my JS lift this week and tried it out Saturday. I was a little dissapointed that it was not as stable as I thought it would be based on the reviews and videos on their website. I know the Dyna has a little bit different frame. When I put it on the highest setting it is more stable than the lower settings. Is this normal? The bike seems to rock more than I thought it would.
I'm sure you do this but worth mentioning, When I use my bike jack once raised to the height I want, usually the highest. I lower it down on the safety stops. This really takes the wiggle out of it.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:04 PM
tejasrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by overhead
I just got mine last week and I find it very stable, especially when compared to the last cheap jack I used. I climbed up on the bike while it was on the jack today and it felt very stable. At the time I had it sitting on the safety bars and not just being held up by the bottle jack, maybe that has something to do with it.

Yes it is much more stable than my Sears yellow jack, but I was expecting it to be rock solid, and there is quite a bit of rocking, more so on the lower settings than the higher ones. I see no movement on the bike they use on the video. I feel that I could do any type service, but not enough to climb around on it like they show. I have noticed that the rear stabalizer is solid, yet the front has some wiggle to it, I think I will send them a video and ask their opinion.

Last edited by tejasrider; 07-05-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
shp111
Intermediate

I just got mine last Thursday. Overall I think its solid and I have no problem working on the bike. The highest setting is going to be the one that is most stable (They mention that in the instructions.) Going to take off my rear tire this week so I will see whats its like with me bangin on it.

Quick Reply: Dyna Owners with JS Lift