Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Owners with JS Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 PM
url8
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tejasrider
I called and talked to Jim at J&S and while on the phone, I put the jack up all the way and I told him how I had it positioned and with the stablizers down and he said I had it in the correct position. I released the jack fully and the front stabilizer would not make solid contact. Even at the highest setting as instructed, the bike was rocking a lot. He said the stabilizers should make full contact on both sides when the bottle jack is lowered and mine was not. With the jack fully lowered, I could flip the front stablizer bar with one finger. Jim said that was not right. He said he would send me a new set and see if that would fix the problem. He called back today and after doing a little research he did not think replacing the stabilizer bars would work. He said he lifted his bike without engaging the bars and his was solid. Jim said they was mine was doing was not right. He said he was shipping me a new lift.

Now that is some great customer service. Now, while I don't like having this kind of hassle, it is great to know someone will take care of a problem like this.
Tejasrider..glad to hear you got things taken care of and YES..JS has great customer service. See..its safer to call one of the members wifes on the forum a Ugly Bitch then it is to have a negative comment about a JS product!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:29 PM
tejasrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by url8
Tejasrider..glad to hear you got things taken care of and YES..JS has great customer service. See..its safer to call one of the members wifes on the forum a Ugly Bitch then it is to have a negative comment about a JS product!!!
Yep, I realize my issue was unfortunate fluke, but I am very impressed with Cheryl and Jim at J&S and their willigness to to help me, that says a lot about them.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:33 PM
tejasrider
Tourer

Originally Posted by JaronB
Well there you go, hopefully that's just it because you are the first person I've heard of with any problem related to this jack! Let us know how their customer service is for problems! I heard it was good in the past but that was just for the bottle jack.
Jim and Cheryl have been great. Jim spent a lot of time with me on the phone trying to figure out what was wrong. At first he was going to send me a new set of stabilizer bars and then he decided on his own to send me a new lift. That's great CS.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tejasrider
Jim and Cheryl have been great. Jim spent a lot of time with me on the phone trying to figure out what was wrong. At first he was going to send me a new set of stabilizer bars and then he decided on his own to send me a new lift. That's great CS.
Nice! Glad to know someone is still proud in their gear and back it up here in America. It's hard to find good CS no matter what business it is these days. Thanks for the update!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:27 PM
tejasrider
Tourer

Got the replacement jack today and it works much better, the safety stops work like they are supposed to and the bike is more stable. I poured over the first one and cannot find any evidence of a problem, they only thing I can think of is if a part of the frame is warped. Looking at the quality of their work, I wonder if it was damaged in shipment. Anyways, the new jack works like it should and kudos to J&S for working so hard to fix it.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:41 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad it worked out for you. At first I was thinking either I was crazy because I thought the bike was stable on the J and S jack or you were crazy thinking it was not.